My Obnoxious Boss pt. 2(Euron Greyjoy x fem!reader) Proposal AU

Much to your surprise, the days passed quickly. Euron was the most charming man he could possibly have been around your parents and grandmother, though he still got on your nerves. He played his part very well and so did you. Even when an agent from Immigration came to talk to you both, Euron kept his cool, although only just.

Nights with Euron were different. At night, when it was just the two of you and the sounds from the night outside the windows, Euron was a different person. Sort of. He was still the arrogant prick you knew, but a little less demeaning and prick-like. He was really easy to open up to when he wasn't in work mode. You learned a lot about him and he actually listened when you talked. Things were going well...until your grandmother changed everything.

"Why don't the two of you get married here? Before you go back to work?" Your eyes widened and you tried to argue with her. She wouldn't hear it. "No buts, Y/N. I want to see you married before I die and, thanks to this birthday coming up, I'm not getting any younger. Please?" You bit back a groan. You'd never been able to turn Granny down for anything.

"Why on earth would you agree to get married this weekend, Y/N?!" You let out a sigh. Euron had been asking you the same question since you'd said yes to your grandmother. "I DON'T KNOW," you whisper yelled, " She just asked and I couldn't say no. I'm sorry. But this should be good for you, right? We get married, and you don't get deported. That was the deal anyway, wasn't it?"

Euron ran a hand over his face, through his coarse facial hair. "Right...that was the deal." The truth of the matter was that Euron wasn't sure about this deal anymore. The more time he spent with you and got to know you, the more he liked what he saw. He saw how you interacted with your family and your relationship with your father reminded him of his own. Strained to say the least. The only difference was that Euron no longer talked to his father while you still did to yours.

Still, Euron wasn't one to show his emotions at all. So he made you think it was still all about the deal for him even though he wasn't so sure. He treated you as he always had except in the presence of those who were supposed to believe you were madly in love. He didn't realize until the two of you were tucked away at night that it was becoming less like acting and more like the real thing. And as the days passed, he wasn't altogether certain that he could force you into the marriage.

*short time skip*

Euron hadn't seen you all day and it was bothering him. The men in your family were distracting him while you did "bridal" things. They were really serious about the two of you not spending any more time together until the wedding. Your whole family would be there as well as the agent from Immigration. Euron was getting frantic. He had to tell you something and he was running out of time. It looked like there was only going to be one way.

The whole time Euron was with your family, he couldn't keep his mind off of you. What he planned was the stupidest thing he'd ever done, but he had no choice. And he thought about it the rest of the day and all through the night. He thought about it the entire he got ready for the wedding and he thought about it as he entered the barn your family had decorated especially for the occasion. But when the doors opened and you appeared, all thought disappeared for a moment.

You looked stunning. Positively radiant. You were wearing your grandmother's dress tailored to fit you. Your hair was done to perfection and a light, fake smile painted your lips. In what seemed like seconds, you were standing next to Euron. The minister opened his mouth to speak, but Euron beat him to it.

"Stop." You looked at Euron in surprise. "What are you doing?" you whispered. He smirked. "Watch," he whispered before turning to everyone else and saying, "I can't marry Y/N. This whole thing started with a lie. We aren't in love. Hells, we didn't even like each other before this trip. Y/N is my assistant. Nothing more. I'm about to be deported and I blackmailed Y/N into marrying me. But I can't do that to her. She doesn't deserve it. I'm apologize to everyone. This got way out of hand."

He turned to you and muttered an apology before walking out of the barn, the Immigration agent on his heels. You looked at the disappointed faces of your family and felt the tears welling up in your eyes. Your father looked downright disgusted. You did the only thing you could think of. You ran. You ran to the house and began throwing things in your bag.

"Y/N?" You groaned. "Go away, Dad." Instead of listening, he opened the door. "Come to gloat? Or tell me how badly my decisions always go? Well, congratulations, Dad, you were right!" You threw the last of your stuff in your bag and screamed before sinking down on the bed.

"Sweetheart...I never want to see my baby girl hurt. No matter what. You're my daughter and when your heart breaks, so does mine." You laughed wryly and shook your head. Your dad grabbed your hand. "Y/N, I know we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I am proud of you. You left this place to find yourself and I think you found her." You sniffled as you thanked him. "C-Could I stay another day or so?" He laughed.

A couple days later, you returned to work just to empty out your desk and hand in your resignation. You decided to go back home and work with your family. After all, you weren't getting anywhere in your job and maybe your dad was right. Maybe you'd be happy working for him. You didn't expect to see Euron at the office.

"Y/N." You scoffed when you saw him. He had no right to look so miserable. "Good day, Mr. Greyjoy. I hope you're happy back home in Pyke. I'll be moving back home for a while." You turned to walk away, but his voice stopped you. "I couldn't let you do it." You rolled your eyes ad you whirled on him. "Let me? Since when have I ever let you tell me what I can and can't do? I am my own person, dammit and you treated me like a plaything. You could have at least given me a heads up."

Once again, you turned to walk away. "I love you." The entire office froze. Silence descended and it seemed like no one could breathe. You couldn't move. Euron took the opportunity to come stand in front of you. "I had to tell you before I leave for Pyke. You are an overbearing and obnoxious woman, but I love you all the same." He left you, but before he got to the door, you slammed your box down.

"HOW DARE YOU?! Of course you would do this! You would admit something like this, some sort of vulnerability, and then run away! You're a coward and I can't believe that I fell in love with such an arrogant, bossy, hot-heated, pain in the-" You were cut off by Euron stomping over and crashing his lips onto yours. Wolf whistles echoed through the office. "I love you," you whispered when Euron pulled away. "I love you. But I won't forget you called me a pain in the arse." You laughed as you kissed him again.