Heir (Podrick Payne x fem!reader) Modern AU

(A little angst, a little weight-shaming as the reader is chubby, some fluff, some steam, and some allusions to sexy times right at the beginning.)

 Podrick glanced over at the person next to him. He smiled as his gaze traveled over your curves. Curves his hands were all over only hours before. A few months ago, he never would have believed he'd be here. And now? Now he never wanted to leave. He pushed a strand of hair out of your face as he thought about how he ended up with you.

You were sitting next to Podrick when Tyrion announced that he was naming Podrick as the heir to his company and fortune. You weren't surprised. Podrick had been Tyrion's assistant for years and Tyrion had no children. Maybe you were biased since he was your best friend, but you believed Podrick deserved it. He worked harder than anyone.

Unfortunately for you, Podrick's new title brought out the ladies. It seemed everywhere you went after that, Podrick was surrounded by beautiful, rich women. And Podrick basked in the attention. Not that you blamed him. Everyone wants to be loved. You did. Sadly, you only loved one person and that was Podrick.

You hadn't told him how you felt. You didn't want to ruin your friendship. And now, seeing him with all those beautiful women, you were beginning to feel insecure. You weren't super thin like some of them were. You were a little chubby. You typically loved your curves, but now you wished you were a little more fit. Or had more confidence. Confidence enough to tell your best friend that you were hopelessly in love with him. But you didn't. Until the one day you decided you'd had enough.

Tyrion made another announcement a couple of weeks after naming Pod his successor. He was going to through the biggest party the city had ever seen in honor of Pod. That was your chance. You were going to buck up and tell Podrick Payne how you felt, even if it killed you. Now, you just needed the confidence to work it out. You knew you had to step up you game in order to have a chance with Podrick.

"Y/N, I'd like to see you in my office for a moment." You looked at Tyrion with wide eyes. It wasn't often people were called into his office. "O-Of course." You got up and followed him into his office. You could feel Pod's gaze on you the whole time. "Close the door please." You did. Tyrion sat down at his desk and gestured to the seat opposite him.

"So, how long have you been in love with our dear Podrick?" You felt the heat creeping into your cheeks. How had he known? As if reading your mind, Tyrion said, "The entire office sees the way you look at him, Y/N. You have obviously loved him a long time. Why haven't you said anything?" You gestured to yourself. "Look at me. I'm not like those women that are all over him now. I want to prove to him that I am the one for him, but I don't know how."

"You just need a little confidence. And, if my sister was right about one thing, confidence often starts with what one is wearing. Which is why I took the liberty of getting this for you." He walked over to the door. It was then that you noticed the garment bag hanging there. You followed him over and unzipped the bag. Inside was a gorgeous dress that would do wonders for your figure.

"I've also booked you an appointment at the salon to do whatever you think you need to be ready for tonight. Think of me as your fairy godfather. I don't want to see Pod with any of those women. They have only just showed interest in him because of what he has now. Sure, they'd be great to take to the bedroom once or twice..." he trailed off when he saw your hurt expression. You didn't even want to think about Pod sleeping with anyone else.

"But they aren't good for long term. You are. And I think Pod loves you too." You shook your head. "He doesn't. But thanks for this. Maybe this will help me have some confidence." You bent down and hugged the smaller man. Grabbing the dress, you practically ran from the office, ignoring Podrick's calls of your name.