Infatuation (Viserys Targaryen x fem!reader)

When Illyrio requested your father's presence, you were forced to travel along. You had no idea what Illyrio wanted and you really didn't care. He lived in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. You loved visiting and enjoying your surroundings. Somehow, it felt much less stifling than home. Until you met Viserys.

Viserys was growing impatient, weary, and worst of all, bored. He and his sister had taken up residence with Illyrio months ago and it felt like he was no closer to achieving his goal. He needed a distraction and quickly. He never thought the distraction would come in the form of a visiting nobleman's daughter.

Viserys heard your voice before he ever saw you. There was something about it that didn't just catch his attention. It grabbed it and held it firmly. Rounding the corner, Viserys stopped short. He had seen his share of beautiful women. After all, he was a prince, a dragon. Women fought to warm his bed. But you were different. You weren't like them and he could tell.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Illyrio," your father said while you gave a little curtsy. "It is a pleasure, my lord. Ah, and here is our new king now. Your Grace. May I introduce Lord (F/N) of House (Y/L/N) and his daughter, Y/N? They have traveled a long way to support your claim to the Iron Throne." It was then that your eyes swung to Viserys. They narrowed slightly and suddenly, Viserys felt the wind being knocked out of him.

When you had stayed silent and curtsied politely to Illyrio, Viserys saw a meek and obedient woman. Someone he could bend to his will. But the glare you were giving him could turn the strongest of men into mere statues and make them crumble at your will. Your eyes never left him as you curtsied once more before asking to be shown to your room. Viserys' violet eyes watched you as you left the room. As he watched you, there was only one thing on his mind. He had to have you. He had to make you his. He would break you and make you succumb.

*time skip*

Viserys threw a vase against the wall as the prostitute left his room. What was wrong with him? He was supposed to be seducing you. You were supposed to become infatuated with him, not the other way around. And yet, Viserys couldn't get you out of his mind. He'd tried to relieve a bit of his stress and tension but nothing worked.

Every time Viserys closed his eyes, he could see your eyes. Your (e/c) orbs pierced into his very soul every single time you looked at him. Without saying a word, your eyes told him that you would challenge him whenever you had the opportunity. Your eyes said a million multitudes of things that you never spoke out loud and Viserys was confused. How had you managed to turn the tables on him?

A knock on the door brought Viserys out of his rage. "What?!" he snapped. The door opened slowly and you poked your head in. Your gaze fell to the vase on the floor then moved back to him. "That answers my first question. What did that vase ever do to you?" Viserys pulled his robe around him, glaring at you.

"What is it you want, Lady Y/N?" You opened the door further and stepped inside, avoiding stepping on the glass in your slippered feet. "I heard the crash and saw one of the...ladies you keep company with running out of here in a fury. I simply wanted to make sure that everything was alright." Viserys stopped moving for a second, his violet eyes glued to you once again.

You took a few more deliberate steps into the room, drawing closer to him. "What made you so angry, Your Grace?" You put sarcastic emphasis on his title, the way you always did. It drove him crazy and you knew it. You looked up at him, batting your eyelashes. You stopped just out of his arms' reach. You were literally so close and yet too far. Viserys needed you closer. He needed you.

"You," he whispered. You cocked your head to the side in confusion. Viserys closed the distance between you, grabbing your arms. "You!" You didn't look frightened. Instead, you just looked even more confused. "What have I done?" Viserys felt his irritation. How could you not know? "You've cast some sort of spell. You've bewitched me! There is no explanation for why I can't escape you!"

You removed one of your arms from Viserys' grip as you smiled slightly. You moved a strand of his nearly white hair from his face. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, Viserys, but I've done nothing. If you feel like you've been bewitched, it is of your own doing. However, I can't say I dislike this side of you. It is...nice to see the crack in the armor. It's nice to see that there's something there underneath all the manipulation and rage."

Viserys opened his mouth to yell again, but stopped. You were looking up at him again and he couldn't form the words. What the Hells was he feeling? What were you doing to him? He didn't know and that made him uncomfortable for the first time he could remember. "What have you done to me?" he whispered. You smiled a little bigger.

"Perhaps, Your Grace," you started, moving closer until you were pressed up against him, "You're scared. You're afraid of what I could make you feel. You're afraid of letting yourself be vulnerable with me. Let go, Viserys. Just...let go because until you do, there can be nothing between us. And I'll tell you a secret, I want there to be something between us." Your voice was barely above a whisper. You pressed a feather-light kiss to his lips and then? You were gone. Viserys watched the door close behind you with his mouth agape.