News (Ramsay Bolton x fem!reader) Modern AU

(mentions of pregnancy.)

Ramsay had messed up. He didn't know when or how, but he had evidently screwed up somewhere. Why else would you have been pulling away from him? And it had to have been incredibly bad. Ramsay had done some seriously messed up things over the course of his life and your relationship. He couldn't deny it. But you'd stuck by him through it all until now. Things were changing and Ramsay didn't like it so now he had to make it up to you.

He tried everything. Sushi, bar-hopping, amusement parks. All your favorite things and each time, he was met with a 'no', 'thanks anyway', or 'maybe another time'. He couldn't understand it in the slightest. Why were you pulling away from him?! You never said no to things that sushi or your favorite bar! And you had been BEGGING him to take you to the amusement park for months.

But Ramsay Bolton was nothing if not determined. He had been determined when he took over his father's business at a young age and he had been equally determined to date you. And for the last few years, he had been determined to keep you happy. If you were happy, you wouldn't leave him. Clearly, he'd done something wrong.

"Hey," you greeted when you came in. You looked exhausted, but you still tried to smile at him. Ramsay took a moment to take in your form. He had noticed you'd been more tired recently. Maybe work was getting to you? Or worse...was someone bothering you? Were you seeing someone else and didn't want to break things off with Ramsay? "Ramsay?" you questioned, earning a glare from the dark-haired man.

"Is there someone else?" You blinked rapidly for a minute. It was like you couldn't believe what he'd asked. That thought was quickly confirmed when you shrieked, "What?!" Tears sprang into your eyes. "How could you even think that?" you asked through the tears. You didn't wait for Ramsay to answer before you practically ran to the bedroom and began throwing things into a bag. "Where are you going?" You explained you were going to stay with a friend for a few days.

"I can't be in the same house as you right now. I have never, NEVER, given you reason to believe that I'd step out of our relationship. And the fact that you think I could tells me how little you actually trust me!"

"What should I think? You aren't acting like yourself. Avoiding sushi, bars, amusement parks. Everything you love suddenly isn't good enough. You're exhausted all the time. I know I'm not the one exhausting you." You shook your head. "Ramsay, you're a smart man. If you take a few minutes and think about EVERYTHING that I've been doing lately, you'll figure out what's really going on. Now, I'm leaving. When you've come to your senses, you'll know where to find me and you'd better be on your knees begging for forgiveness." With that, you left Ramsay standing there with his mouth agape.

At first, Ramsay was furious. NO ONE talked to him that way. Ever. But then, he used his brain. He had accused you of cheating on him. You had every right to be angry with him. He certainly wouldn't be begging for your forgiveness, but he knew he'd have to do something big in order to earn your forgiveness and keep your interest in him.

A few days later, Ramsay rang the bell of your best friend's home. He had been sending apology gifts every day and now he was ready. He'd gone full-cheese for you as much as it went against everything he was. Ramsay wasn't soft or sweet or even kind most of the time. But for you, the person that had stood by him through everything? He was willing to show a little bit of a softer side to himself.

The door opened, revealing your best friend wearing an unimpressed look. "I hope you're here to grovel." Ramsay arched a brow. "Is she here?" Your friend smirked. "I meant are you here to grovel to me?" Ramsay must have looked confused because they continued, "She ate all my ice cream. MY. ICE-CREAM, Bolton! And it is all your fault."

"Oh, shut up," you chided from behind your friend, pushing them out of the way playfully. Your eyes met Ramsay's. Your friend took that as a hint to leave. "Well?" you asked after a moment as you crossed your arms over your chest. Upon setting eyes on you, it became clear to Ramsay how much he truly missed you when you were gone.

"Did you get my gifts?" You nodded and pointed over your shoulder where Ramsay could see the many gifts along with your bags. That made him hopeful. "I won't be begging, but I have set up something for you. For us. As an a-ap-apology." The word made his tongue feel like lead. He hated apologizing. You arched a brow in question.

"I've set you up a massage at the spa then a lunch for the two of us. A picnic in that park you love to read in." You stared at him in surprise. He nearly chuckled. It was a well-known fact that while he enjoyed being outdoors, he hated picnics. "I know I can't buy your forgiveness, but I can pamper you." For several long seconds, you stayed silent then, you finally nodded. "I'd like that."

Ramsay did a little work while he waited for your massage to finish, determined not to do anything but pay attention to you when you were having your picnic. He was pleased to see a beautiful smile on your face. You sat next to him and sighed happily. "I think I might forgive you." Ramsay rolled his eyes, but smiled regardless. He opened the cooler to pull out the lunch he'd had a chef he knew prepare as well as a bottle of your favorite wine.

You frowned seeing the bottle and Ramsay cocked his head to the side. "I-I shouldn't," you explained quietly. "Why? Why are you avoiding things you love?" You sighed and ran your hand down your face and Ramsay continued, "Why are you pulling away from me?!" You shushed him, not wanting to draw attention to the two of you. Ramsay merely glared. His plan was not going how he expected and he hated that.

You let out a sigh and fished through your purse. A moment later, you pulled something out and handed it over to Ramsay. Ramsay stared before blinking owlishly at you. His blue eyes flickered between you and the item in his hand several times. "Is this? Are you-?"

"An ultrasound? Pregnant? Yes to both. About 11 weeks." Ramsay nearly dropped the ultrasound photo. Pregnant. You were pregnant. "Say something, Ramsay." Ramsay opened his mouth to speak, but found his throat dry. After clearing it, he tried again.

"You're having a baby. We're going to be parents. That's why..." You nodded. "That's why I haven't been eating sushi, or drinking, and why I've been avoiding the amusement park. Which I still want to do by the way, when I'm not carrying your child inside me." Ramsay nodded, ready to agree to anything at this point. He couldn't believe he was going to be a father.

He reached over, pausing as his hand hovered over your barely rounded belly. His blue eyes met yours and you nodded. Ramsay rested his hand on your stomach. "Come home," he whispered. "I will," you agreed, "But if you ever accuse me of cheating again, I will walk out that door and never come back." He agreed instantly before resting his forehead on yours.