I See The Light (Robb Stark x fem!reader) CEO AU

(Song!fic based on "I See the Light" from Disney's Tangled.)

Robb Stark wanted one thing in life. Success. He wanted success in his business and in his social life. To Robb, success meant the best life had to offer and money. Lots of money. He wanted the best cars, the best homes, the best women. Everything to maintain an image of success. The trouble was that Robb had a habit of chasing everything that was good for him away in favor of chasing the elusive success.

He hadn't used to be that way. When his father was alive, Robb hadn't cared so much about money and things like that. He cared about family, friends, and love. Back then, Robb always did the right thing in the end. He was still as stubborn as he was back then, but he was more open back then. He had more passion for life and he loved with an open heart. Then, when Ned died, Robb changed to the man he was now. A closed off CEO with a heart only for success. Then, you came along.

You were Robb's fourth assistant in about three months. The man couldn't keep them and you understood why. He was demanding and expected 100% from everyone all the time, even on bad days. He was short tempered and sometimes forgot his manners. However, you were determined to stick it out.

It was difficult. You had grown up somewhat sheltered. Until you were nineteen, you lived with your very traditional parents. They were extremely over protective of you. When you finally moved out, you rejoiced in the simple freedoms life offered. The smallest things made you happier than you'd ever been. The problem was that you put those simple pleasures ahead of things like friendships and love. You and Robb were quite the pair, but somehow, something blossomed between you.

The first night you and Robb stayed late at the office, it was all business. Each night after that, however, the two of you grew closer. At first, it was just you chatting on and on about anything you could think of. It annoyed Robb to no end and, if only to get you to stop, Robb began talking as well. Over time, he opened up to you and eventually asked you to be his date for an event for the company. It was at that event that you both realized something.

The event was hosted at the Stark home, a expansive estate. Despite its size, you felt closed in. As soon as you had the opportunity, you stepped outside to breathe in the fresh air. You hadn't noticed Robb following you. You were too focused on the night sky above you, twinkling with the stars you rarely saw in the city.

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see
Standing here it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

Robb watched your face as you took in the stars. The soft smile on your lips was contagious. Robb had never met anyone who was so pleased with something so simple. It was endearing. In fact, was beginning to realize that he found everything about you endearing, even your annoying talking habit and your ability to point out when he was wrong.

Robb nearly jumped when he felt your fingers lace with his. He glanced down and then back at your face. You weren't looking at him. It was as if you hadn't realized what you'd done. Testing that, he gave your hand a little squeeze. You snapped your head in his direction and met his eyes.

For a moment, neither of you could speak. It was like the world stopped moving. Realization hit Robb like a freight train. He had been chasing the wrong things all these years. He had been focused on the things that didn't really matter instead of the best of things, like love and companionship. He was finally seeing what his father had tried to teach him when he was young. Duty is important, and success is good, but not at the expense of love and family.

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

"Y/N..."Robb trailed off, not knowing what to say. How could he tell you that he was seeing things differently? That instead of a dark and lonely future, he saw himself with you and that his priorities had shifted after so long. "I know, Robb. I-I feel it too." Robb felt himself shaking a bit as he let go of your hand in favor of bringing his up to your cheeks. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been nervous.

"May I?" he asked. You smiled. "I'd be insulted if you didn't." Robb chuckled softly. After a short silence, Robb leaned forward and pressed his lips to yours. A warmth spread through him as he kissed you. Suddenly, his world seemed a little better and a little brighter. Suddenly, Robb felt like the most successful and richest man in the entire world.

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you

Now that I see you