Closing Up (Ramsay Bolton x fem!reader) Mob/Gang/Coffee Shop AU

(Angst! Gun violence, blood, death, Ramsay. No fluff to be found here.)

You loved closing the coffee shop. You hardly had any customers and the ones you did have were usually college kids cramming for exams or writing papers. They kept to themselves and were far too busy to cause trouble. Tonight was different. Tonight there was one customer, definitely not a college student, if his crisp, well-fitted suit was any indication. No, he was someone important.

Paying it no mind, you continued about your business of closing up the shop. That way, whenever your customer was done with his order, you could finish up as quickly as possible and go home. You were exhausted. You never would have expected what happened next.

You were sweeping the floor and bit back a groan when the bell signaled a new customer. Your eyes briefly met the blue ones of your important looking customer before you turned to smile at the new one. "Welcome, may I h-" your question was cut short when a gun was pointed at your face.

"I want all the money, including tips. Now." You froze. You'd never been on the barrel end of a gun before. As far as you knew, the little coffee shop had never been robbed before either. You started to nod when movement in the corner of your eye caught your attention.

"The lady is not going to give you anything. I suggest you leave and leave now." The would-be robber turned his attention to your customer. "Yeah, and what are you going to do about it if I don't?" A dark look came over the well dressed man. It scared you and excited you at the same time. Probably because you weren't on the receiving end of it.

"You don't want to know what I'll do to you if you don't leave now." The robber scoffed and pointed his gun at your savior. "Guess I'll have to take care of you first." In an instant, you were being pushed out of the way and a shot went off. You closed your eyes, staying perfectly still on the floor. You couldn't look. Then, you felt a hand on your shoulder. "Get up. Show some dignity for gods' sake."

You opened your eyes and looked around. The almost robber was on the floor in a pool of blood while your customer was standing over you, his own gun still smoking from the shot. He arched a brow at you. You could tell he wouldn't tolerate any nonsense or crying, no matter how badly you wanted to. You got up off the floor while he made a quick call.

The whole time he was on the phone, you stared at him. You'd seen him before, you just knew it. He hung up the phone and glared in your direction. "How can someone of so little importance cause me so much trouble? Hmm?" It was in that moment that you recognized him. "Y-You're Ramsay Bolton. Heir to the Flayed Men empire." He smirked as he straightened out his suit jacket. "Actually, I'm the head of the Flayed Men now. My father is...no longer with us." With that knowledge, you began to shake.

"Oh come now. I did just save your life after all. You could at least wait until I've left to start quaking in your boots like that." You shook your head. "I'm not wearing boots." You felt like such an idiot after saying that, but it was literally the only thing you could think to say. To your surprise, Ramsay chuckled. "You've got spunk."

"Are you going to kill me too?" you asked quietly. Ramsay regarded you for a moment. You could practically see the gears turning in his head as he decided your fate. "No. Not today. I like the coffee here and you're the only server who leaves me to my busy. I guess you could say you're my favorite." You breathed a small sigh of relief. "But don't get too comfortable. That can change in an instant."

You backed away from him as quickly as possible, making him laugh again. It was becoming obvious to you that this man thrived on the fear he put into others. You didn't get a chance to retort though as the door opened. A meek looking man walked in and began cleaning up the mess and the body without a word. "Thank you, Reek." The man, Reek, refused to even look up at Ramsay. And you thought you had been afraid of him. Obviously, he'd been under Ramsay's thumb for a long time.

Reek finished cleaning quicker than you ever could. "Reek will see you home, Y/N," Ramsay told you then he turned to Reek and continued, "She is NOT to be let out of your sight until she's safely tucked away. I'll have someone bring your car home." You gulped and nodded. You knew already that arguing with him was a bad idea.

"Good. It's settled. Goodnight, Y/N. I'll see you again...very soon." The way he said it sent shivers down your spine and, in that moment, you weren't sure if it was a good thing or not. You only knew that there was some part of you, deep down, that was thrilled at the thought of seeing him again. And that scared you more than anything else.