Jealous of My Own Children!(Jaime x fem!reader)

When Jaime was in his adolescence, he never would have thought the two of you would be together. You had grown up together, been friends most of your lives. You had been there for Jaime through everything. You supported him when no one else would. When Jaime killed the Mad King, you were the one person outside of his family who stood by his side. But it wasn't until the two of you were older did Jaime realize that there was only ever going to be you. You were the woman for him.

Now, years after the Great War, after Jaime killed his own sister and helped put Jon Snow on the Iron Throne, you were married. There were still times that Jaime couldn't believe you loved him. But then you'd look at him with that look and smile reserved especially for him and he'd forget those fears and worries. You were his and he was yours. You even had two beautiful children together. Twins. He only hoped Devran and Avya would be very different from him and Cersei.

"Mother, look!" You glanced at your daughter and smiled. "Very good. You are learning quickly. Run along and show your septa." You turned back to Jaime when Avya had run off. You took his hand in yours and smiled at him. Just as you opened your mouth to say something, another voice cut in. "Mother, I don't understand. Why do I have to learn this? I want to be a knight. Like father was."

"Because Devran, you must be intelligent and diplomatic to be a knight as well as a lord." Devran didn't argue, but pouted a little before leaving you and Jaime alone again. You looked at your husband once more. "I love you, Jaime." You smiled softly. "And I love you. You are the best thing that could have ever happened to me." Before you can say anything more, the children come bursting in again, demanding your attention.

Jaime sighed and got up to leave the room. He loved his children. He really did but they demanded so much of your attention, even now. Jaime wouldn't admit it except behind closed doors, but he missed you. He was away often and so he didn't get as much time with you as the children did. And it wasn't that he didn't like spending time with the children, but he needed some time for just the two of you. It was beginning to wear him down.

The rest of the week went pretty much the same. Every time Jaime had a moment of free time to spend with you, the children were at your elbow every two minutes. But the end of the seventh day, Jaime was tired and slightly jealous. So he did the only thing he could think of. He ordered the septa and Maester to feed the children away from you and him. He was going to have some time alone with you if it killed him.

You entered the dining hall, surprised to find it empty except for Jaime. Jaime took your hand and practically pulled you from the room and toward your shared chambers. "Jaime?" He didn't respond but kept walking. Once inside, you found your supper waiting on a candle-lit table. "What is this?" you asked.

"This is a special supper, just for the two of us. I thought it would be nice to dine away from the twins for a night." You arched a brow but didn't say anything as you sat down in the chair Jaime pulled out for you. "Not that I am complaining, my love, but why?" you asked. Jaime shrugged at first, but you gave him the look. The one that would always make him tell you everything.

"Very well. I, and if you repeat this to anyone dear wife, I will deny it. I am jealous." Your brows furrowed. "Jealous? Of?" Jaime ran his flesh hand down his face. How could he put this without sounding insane? "Jaime, who or what are you jealous of? You know me. I will not judge you." Jaime had to chuckle to himself. You had been able to read him like a book his whole life.

"Our children. I am jealous of my own children. Listen to me, would you? I sound like a mad man." Jaime popped up from his seat and began pacing the room. He was so engrossed in his own thoughts, he didn't hear you stand up or walk over to him. It didn't even register in his mind that you were right there until you took his hands in yours. He stopped moving and gazed into your eyes. As usual, he saw no judgment. A bit of amusement, perhaps, but no judgment.

"You do not sound like a mad man. You sound like a father. A lord who works too much and has very little time to spend with his family, especially his wife. I know I spend a lot of my time with our children. They still need me quite a bit it seems and I am sorry I haven't been a very good wife to you. I promise to be better." Jaime clasped your hand in his flesh one.

"What do you say to making this supper something we do regularly whenever you are home? No children. Just you and I?" you questioned, meeting his gaze. "We have supper and drink a little wine before retiring to our bed for hours of love-making and cuddles." Jaime chuckled at that. You had a natural ability to make him smile. "I would like that very much." You beamed at him. "Good. Now, which you like first this evening? Supper, wine, or the bed?" Jaime's wolfish grin was all the answer you needed.