Euron's Bastard (Gendry Waters x fem!reader)

Your father didn't care for many people other than himself. You were the exception. You may have been a bastard, but you were his princess. He gave you anything and everything you wanted or needed as long as it was in his power. There was some part of you that knew it was so he could buy your loyalty. If he spoiled you, you would never betray him or leave his side. And for most of your life, he was right.

That was until Jon Snow came begging for a truce and assistance with the Army of the Dead. When you father scurried off to do Cersei's bidding, you stowed away on Daenerys' ship. It was there that you met Gendry.

The blacksmith caught your interest almost immediately. It was he who found you hiding on the ship. He thought you were spying for your father but after you assured him a dozen times that your father didn't even know you were there, he spoke up for you when Daenerys questioned you. In the end, you were allowed to remain on the ship and travel to Winterfell with them.

As you traveled, you spent most of your time with Gendry. He told you that he was also a bastard, Robert Baratheon's bastard. You found it rather amusing that the bastards of two kings should find themselves on the same ship headed for the same place. You also discovered that he loved his work in the smithy above all else. He let you examine the hammer he'd made himself. You told him about your life at sea, playing pirate with your father.

"Must have been nice, being able to do and go where you pleased," he commented and you shrugged. "Sometimes. Sometimes I would have preferred something more stable. I'm not stupid. I knew what my father was up to. He gave me everything in hopes that I would always be his perfect child. But we were not a family."

Gendry stared at you for a moment as if he were contemplating what you were saying. You didn't want to bring down your mood so you smiled. "Enough about that. How about some sword practice?" Gendry raised a brow at you. "I don't use swords, Y/N. I don't want to hurt you with my hammer." You smirked. "You have to catch me with it first." At that, you took off away from him. Gendry called out a second later.

That was how the journey went. You and Gendry formed a playful and sometimes flirty friendship. Soon you became thick as thieves. You were hardly ever apart and when you were, you found yourself missing him. It didn't take long for you to realize that you were falling in love with him. You wanted to tell him, but you'd never felt so vulnerable. You hated it.

You watched Gendry practicing on deck with Sandor. Your eyes watched his form as the two moved together. In fact, you couldn't stop looking "You know, staring is considered rude." You let your gaze shifted to Ser Davos who had come up beside you. You felt your face heat up. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Davos chuckled softly. "To be young again. I should think that was obvious. You are smitten with that young man." You shook your head, but the look Davos gave you told you that he didn't believe you. "I don't know much, but I know love when I see it and I've seen him looking at you the way you look at 'im. That's all I'm saying."

He turned and walked away, leaving you alone. You glanced back down to find Gendry already looking up at you. He gave you a smile and you began to wonder if Davos was right. Did Gendry feel the same for you as you did for him? If he did, then what? You weren't experienced with affairs of the heart. Of the flesh? Absolutely. But love was something entirely new to you.

You stewed on your thoughts all day and well into the night. Finally, you made a decision. You'd never know what could happen if you didn't do something. You rose from your bed and left your cabin. You quietly made your way toward Gendry's only to run into the man in question closing his door behind him.

"Y/N?! What are you doing here?" You licked your lips. Did you imagine it or did his eyes follow the movement? "I'm not really sure, to be honest. I didn't think I'd make it this far." Gendry's brows furrowed. His blue eyes bore into yours and you could feel the temperature rising around you. You felt your heart pick up speed. Could you be brave enough to do what you came down here to do?

"Y/N?" Gendry's voice snapped you out of your thoughts and into action. You practically launched yourself forward as you grasped Gendry's face and pressed your lips against his. For a moment, he stood there and you worried you had been too forward. But he soon responded and kissed you back just as fiercely. You stood there in the corridors between cabins with your lips crashing together over and over again.

You could hardly breathe when you pulled away. Gendry rested his forehead on yours as you both panted. "I wasn't expecting that," he whispered between breaths. You laughed softly. "I'm glad you responded. I thought I'd offended you." Gendry laughed and kissed the tip of your nose. The gentle gesture was quite the opposite of the tension surrounding you.

"Never. I didn't think you would want me." You pulled away and looked at him in confusion. "And why wouldn't I?" you asked. "I have nothing to offer you. I'm not a lord. I have no lands or anything. I only have myself." You laughed. "I have nothing either. I was a bastard pirate turned bastard princess turned traitor to my father. I don't need anything more than you, Gendry. I-I love you." You could swear that the smile that lit up his face was the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen.

"I love you, Y/N." You moved to kiss him again, but suddenly the emotional day hit you. You stopped to yawn, making Gendry laugh. "Come on." He ushered you into his chambers and over to the bed. "You know, if you wanted me in your bed, all you had to do was ask," you quipped. Gendry nearly fell on his face as he removed his boots. You laughed again, but it was soon cut off by another yawn.

Gendry shook head and helped you remove your own boots. After helping you to lie down, he climbed in the bed behind you. You sighed as you felt his arms wrap around you. When he pulled you close, you couldn't help but to snuggle into him. Gendry dropped a kiss to the back of your neck and whispered something that sounded like "I love you," but you didn't get a chance to respond before you fell asleep.