An Impasse -Pt. 2 of Caught in the Middle (Robb x fem!reader)

(Mob/Gang AU. Mentions of kidnapping, violence, and death.)

"Thanks for stitching me up again, Y/N," Jon said as he smiled sheepishly. You laughed and told him it was nothing. After getting caught in the middle of a shootout between the Starks and the Lannisters, you had ended up becoming a nurse for the Stark family. That had been nearly a year ago. Since then, you had grown close to the Stark family, but you got closest with Robb.

Not only had Robb saved your life that night, but you had saved his. A friendship bloomed from that and soon you knew you felt something more for the heir to the Stark empire. You didn't tell him. He was far too busy most of the time. Besides, you were in enough danger just being associated with the family. If you were to be with Robb, you'd be painting a big red target on your back. That didn't stop you from daydreaming. A dream that would soon come crashing down around you.

Jon gave your shoulder a squeeze as he got up to leave. He had barely made it to the door before it opened and Robb appeared. He did not look pleased in the least. The smile dropped from your face when he approached you. "What can I do for you, Robb?" you asked.

"You can leave." You blinked in surprise. Had he just said that? The only reason you were even living in the Stark manor was because he insisted for your protection. "Come again?" Robb's eyes met yours. "I said, you can leave, Y/N." Your brows drew together. "Why?" He looked away again.

"Because we don't need you here anymore. And no doubt the Lannisters have stopped looking for you. You should be safe to go home and back to work somewhere else." Your jaw dropped open. Why was he treating you like this? What had you done to make him so angry with you? You tried to look into his eyes, but he refused to meet your gaze. "Robb? What is it?" He didn't answer you. Instead, he declared, "You have 24 hours to leave the manor. Goodbye, Y/N." On that note, he left the room, leaving you sitting there confused and heartbroken. Then, you got angry.

You stormed from the room and up the stairs to your own bedroom. After slamming the door so hard it shook on its hinges, you grabbed your bag and began throwing things into it. If he wanted you gone, fine! You'd go and you'd curse his name the entire way. You had just thrown something else in the bag when your door opened.

"Y/N?" You glanced up with eyes blazing. Sansa and Jon stood in the doorway. Both of them gave you such hurt looks, your anger melted a little. It wasn't their fault Robb was sending you away. You hugged them both before returning to your task. You needed to leave before you started crying. You weren't going to give Robb the satisfaction of seeing you upset. As soon as you were packed, you let Jon drive you back home.

*short time skip*

You'd been home for nearly a month when someone knocked on your door. You thought it might be Jon and Sansa. They often came over to check on you. It was them. It was someone you didn't recognize. "Hello, love." You were wary of this stranger and moved to grab the nearest thing to you that could be used as a weapon. Just in case.

"You don't want to be doing that. Tywin Lannister wants a word with you." You felt ice down your back. This man worked for the Lannisters. "Uh, I'm sorry, but I have plans." A sly smirk made its way onto the stranger's face. "Then I suppose you'll just have to cancel." In an instant, he was dragging you out of the house. You felt something across your face and, in a few moments, you blacked out.

Later that day, Jon came bursting into Robb's office without so much as a knock at the door. "They took her. The Lannisters took Y/N!" Robb sprang up from his seat so quickly, the chair fell over. "WHAT?!" Jon's nails were digging into his palms. "I went by to check on her, like I always do. The door was open, her things still inside, and I found this." He tossed what looked like a card with a golden lion on it to Robb.