Different Than You Used to Be (Jaime x wife!reader; Robb x fem!twin reader)

You couldn't fight the smile on your face as the carriage pulled up to the gates of Winterfell. It had been so long since you'd last been home. In fact, you had not returned since your marriage to Jaime. You had missed it and your family. Not that there was anything wrong with Jaime! You had simply wanted to be closer to your parents and siblings.

When your father had first informed you of your betrothal to Jaime, you were livid. Of all the men in the world, you couldn't understand why your father had chosen Jaime Lannister for you. After a while though, you made peace with it and now you couldn't be happier. Well, except for the month long carriage ride with your goodsister and her children.

No sooner had the carriage pulled to a stop were you trying to get out. "Slow down, Y/N. Winterfell isn't going anywhere. You truly are a daughter of the North, aren't you?" You gave a shrug as the door opened and you climbed down. In an instant, Jaime was by your side. You smiled up at him before turning your attention to your family.

Your father was talking to Robert, but your mother's eyes found yours and she gave you a smile. You were practically bouncing when Robert moved aside to let you greet your family. Jaime's soft chuckle was heard but you ignored him. "Mother. Father," you greeted warmly, wrapping your arms around your mother. She laughed lightly. "The South has been good to you, my daughter. You are practically aglow..." she trailed off, her eyes quickly darting down to your stomach that only just recently begun to expand. You nodded in answer to her unasked question.

After hugging your father, you moved aside. You knew Robert would wish to pay his respects to your late aunt. Jaime placed a kiss to your temple. "I need to find Tyrion. Will you be alright?" At your nod, Jaime left you. Your gaze found your twin brother Robb. He was looking at you as if he didn't know you. Jon and Theon were the same.

"What?" you asked. "You're different," Robb stated. Your brows furrowed. You had only just arrived. How could he say that? "What do you mean, Robb?" He crossed his arms over his chest and huffed. "My sister would have knocked over everyone in her path, including the king, to get to her family. She would have come galloping in on a wild stallion instead of riding in a wheelhouse. She would have already hit Theon in the arm for making some lewd comment or other. You're different."

With that, Robb walked away with Jon and Theon following after. You were left standing there with your mouth open. You had been expecting a hug or a smile. Anything but that. These were not only your brothers, blood or otherwise, they were also your best friends. How could they treat you like some sort of pariah? You tried not to cry as you made your way inside to find your mother once again. At least she would still welcome you with open arms.

*time skip*

You had had enough. Ever since you arrived in Winterfell, your brothers had been treating you differently. They treated you like a lady instead of like a sister or friend. You hated it. You wanted things to go back to the way they used to be and you knew just how to make that happen. You were going to show your brothers that you were the same person as before.

"You want to what?" Robb asked with an arched brow. You turned the expression. "You heard me, Robb Stark. I challenged you. You've never been able to beat me, but if I'm so different, maybe that will change." Robb glanced at Jon and Theon. Jon gave a little shrug while Theon's face split into a grin. "Go on, Stark. I think you can take her. She's too much of a lady now." At that, Robb smiled and accepted your challenge.

"Just don't cry when I win, dear sister." You let out a laugh. "As if you could even touch me with that blade." With no further words, the match began. If Robb had been expecting an easy match, he was in for a rude awakening. You matched every thrust of his sword with your own. You weren't about to lose now when your reputation was at stake. You were careful not to let him near your stomach, but you didn't hold back on him at all. That is, until you heard your husband's voice.

"Y/N! What in Seven Hells do you think you're doing?!" All movement stopped. The servants scurried away in terror. Jaime wasn't really a violent man, but when he grew angry, he was someone to fear. Robb apparently didn't know that because he stepped up next to you and put a hand on your shoulder.

"She is finally behaving like my sister. I don't know what you did or said to her, Lord Jaime, but you changed her. Now she's herself again. You have no right to yell at her. You may be her husband, but that does not mean you can order her about. It does not mean you can tell her what to do or what not to do." You opened your mouth to say something, but Jaime beat you to it.

"I can when she's carrying my child!" Robb's hand slipped from your shoulder and he faced you. "Are you-Are you pregnant, Y/N?" You nodded sheepishly. Robb's blue eyes turned stormy. "Then Jaime is right, what the Hells were you thinking?! You shouldn't be picking up a blade, a practice one or otherwise." You crossed your arms under your breasts. "Excuse me? Who was it that was treating me like a pariah? You were the one who said I was different. I was simply proving how wrong you were. I am still the same Y/N that left here." Robb flushed.

"I am sorry, Y/N. You are right. I shouldn't have said those things. I should have known you were acting odd for a reason. Can you forgive me?" You gave him a smile and nodded. "So long as you always remember that I can, and will, kick your arse if necessary." Robb chuckled before pulling you into a hug, following by Jon and Theon a moment later. When you broke apart, Jaime extended his hand to you. "If you will excuse us, I need to borrow my wife for a moment."

You took Jaime's hand and let him lead you into the castle and up to your shared chambers. He was still aggravated. You could tell. "Jaime...I'm sorry. You know I would never put our child in danger." He still didn't speak. He was pacing the floor, running a hand through his yellow locks. "Jaime," you breathed, hoping to get his attention.

"Please don't do anything like that again," he finally said, looking at you. His green eyes were filled with concern. "I promise you, I will not put the baby at risk." Jaime shook his head. "It isn't just about the baby, Y/N. I am worried about you. Your brothers are excellent swordsmen. I don't want you to get hurt or worse. Y-You're all I have, Y/N." You wrapped your arms around him. "And you will have me until the day I die, Jaime. And if you go first, I will not be far behind. We have many, many more years together, my love."

Jaime nuzzled his nose into your hair and breathed in your familiar scent. "I love you, Jaime, and I love our child. I am not going anywhere, and I won't get myself hurt...too badly." He glared down at you and you giggled lightly. "I am joking, love. I know you'll protect me and I will protect the babe. I swear." Jaime sighed, but nodded all the same. "I love you too." You beamed. "Good. Now, will you please kiss me? Seeing you so protective and worried about me really makes me love you even more." Jaime finally laughed as he pressed his lips to yours.