Take You As My Wife (Ramsay Bolton x fem!Stark reader)

Why Lord Baelish promised Sansa to Ramsay instead of you, Ramsay would never know. You were the eldest Stark daughter. Still, Ramsay would take what he could get to keep his place in Winterfell. When Sansa practically begged him to let you stay with her, he almost said no. Perhaps he should have. Despite all his efforts, Ramsay found himself in an odd situation.

Ramsay was supposed to wooing Sansa. He was supposed to play her like a fiddle and convince her that their marriage would be the best thing for both Houses. He counted on it, but he hadn't counted on you worming your way into a heart that he thought was long since hardened and cold. Ramsay could honestly say that he was falling in love. With the wrong damn sister.

Your eyes were glued to Ramsay as Sansa spoke to Lady Walda. "No, Lady Bolton. Winterfell has always been my home. It is the people who are strange." Roose's lips turned down as he looked at his son only to find his eyes on you as well. "Lord Ramsay, perhaps you could take time from your business to show us around Winterfell?" you interjected suddenly, easing the tension in the room, "I have noticed a few changed you've made."

Ramsay, after finally meeting his father's gaze, agreed. Sansa declined. "Then I suppose it will be just the two of us," Ramsay stated with a twinkle in his eye. Finally, a moment alone with you. The young man wanted to slap himself. What was wrong with him? What was it about you that had him so obsessed? "Wonderful. Perhaps, if Sansa is feeling better later, she will join us." You rose gracefully, prompting Ramsay to join you.

"I see you, you know," you stated simply when the two of you were finally alone. Ramsay stopped walking and arched a brow. "What do you mean, my lady?" You let a smile grace your lips. A smile that Ramsay hated. It was too bright. Too cheery. "I see you looking at me. You should be more careful or people will begin to think you are already being unfaithful to my sister."

"I am the future lord of Winterfell now. I don't care what anyone has to say. And if they even think about engaging in idle gossip, I will carve out their tongues. What do you have to say to that?" You let out a soft hum, but didn't otherwise answer. Instead, you looked up into his eyes with a smirk. Once your eyes met his, Ramsay knew that for the first time ever, he was willing to do anything for someone other than himself.

*time skip brought to you by Hodor*

Ramsay was utterly confused. Sansa, the woman he'd married just a few hours before, was gone along with Reek. She was gone and Ramsay didn't feel a thing. He hadn't consummated the marriage, but he didn't seem to care. The only thing he cared about was you. He was confused as to why you hadn't left with your sister. He was confused as to why she had so willingly left you behind. He hadn't even done much to her yet...other than the thing with your brothers and arranging a marriage with her after basically burning Winterfell to rubble. But you weren't part of that, so why leave you?

When Ramsay asked, you simply gave him that little smile that he hated(loved) and a shrug. "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Father and Mother always used to say that. Sansa will return, most likely with an army." Ramsay rose a brow and asked what you meant. "If I know Sansa, she will head North to the Wall. She will convince Jon to come to Winterfell and take it back. If I were you, I wouldn't wait around."

Ramsay didn't listen to you. He sat smugly in Winterfell, awaiting the moment when Jon would ride to Winterfell. Ramsay looked forward to thrashing Jon soundly, especially now that he was officially Lord of Winterfell, having killed his own father. His only hesitation was you. How you would feel about him if he killed your bastard brother.

"At least let me speak to Jon," you pleaded with Ramsay. "If I can convince him it isn't worth it, perhaps he will stand down." Ramsay contemplated for a moment before nodding. He knew it wouldn't work, but if it made you happy and trusting, then he would do it.

As it turned out, you were both right. Sansa did indeed ride to the Wall and convince Jon to come take back Winterfell. And, as Ramsay had said, Jon did not respond well to your pleas. Now, you were perched on Jon's horse in front of him while Jon and Ramsay spoke of terms.

"This doesn't have to end in bloodshed," Jon said. Ramsay didn't answer at first. His gaze was fixed on you. He was close to losing you. Close to having everything stripped away from him again. He had to think of something and quickly. "Leave Winterfell now and I will tell my men to stand down," Jon continued. Ramsay saw your eyes pleading with him to see reason.

"Why should I?" Ramsay asked, finally taking his eyes off you. "Because it will be the end of House Bolton if you don't. In a few years, no one will even remember your House existed. We will name another the Lord of the Dreadfort and you will be forgotten. Is that really what you want?" Ramsay pondered for a moment before a smirk crossed his lips. He had an idea. One that would keep him alive, give him what he wanted, and let him keep at least a small tie to Winterfell.

"I will concede, Jon Snow. On one condition." Your head tilted in confusion. It was clear you hadn't expect him to give in so easily. "What is that?" Ramsay glanced at you again. "The lady Y/N is to accompany me back to the Dreadfort. As Lady Bolton." Your eyes widened in surprise and Ramsay continued.

"As Lady Sansa and my marriage was never consummated, I am free to marry another. I want Lady Y/N." Jon opened his mouth to speak, but you whispered something to make him stop. Jon frowned, but nodded. "I do not like it, but it is Y/N's choice. If she agrees, you have a deal." Ramsay arched a brow as he waited for your response. "I will give you an answer in one hour." Jon turned his horse around, leaving Ramsay dumbfounded.

To say Ramsay was irate was an understatement. An hour. Why couldn't you just say yes? You would be saving you family and your home, and getting a husband all at once. Who did you think you were? "I think I am the woman holding your future in the palm of my hand," came your voice from behind him. Ramsay hadn't realized he'd been ranting aloud.

"What do you mean?" You smirked. "I mean, depending on my answer to you, you will either leave Winterfell alive or you will die here." Ramsay scoffed. "Your brother's army is no match for mine." Despite his feelings for you, he wasn't about to let you see him flustered. "Please. You may have the numbers but your men are idiots. I managed to sneak passed them all to get here. Jon has Wildlings on his side and a giant."

Ramsay rolled his eyes. He was getting nowhere and it was beginning to irritate him. "Is there a point to this, my lady?" You let that damned smile grace your lips again. "There is. Before I give you my answer, I have a question." Ramsay motioned for you to continue. "Why? You married Sansa already. Why would you insist on taking me as your wife?"

"As I told your brother, my marriage to Sansa was never consummated." You shrugged. "Ramsay, cut the bull. I already know the answer to my question. I simply want to hear you say it. Even if I never hear the words from you again after this moment, I need to hear them now." Your voice lost its power as you spoke and you cast your glance down to your feet.

Ramsay contemplated lying to you. He really did. But if you already knew, then there was no point. "I care for you." You looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. When he didn't, you shook your head with a smile. "The actual words, Ramsay. Until I hear them, you will not get your answer." Ramsay cursed you for being so observant and stubborn. How was he supposed to admit how he felt when he'd never felt that way before.

"Iloveyou," he mumbled. You laughed softly. "Close enough. I shall return with your answer in a few moments." You turned to walk away, but Ramsay grabbed your elbow. Before you could say a word, he spun your around and crashed his lips onto yours. There was nothing gentle about it. It was as if Ramsay were claiming you. He was rough and fierce and fiery.

You were panting when he finally let you breathe again. "I need your answer now." You gave a breathless giggle. "So impatient. Very well. We leave tonight." It took Ramsay a moment to register what you'd said. "Y-You are willing to return to Dreadfort with me?" You sighed deeply before you pressed a much softer kiss to his lips. "Yes. Now, I must return to Jon. I will return shortly to prepare to leave."

Ramsay watched you go with a smirk on his face. Despite everything he had done, you were still willing to go with him. He didn't know if it was because you loved him in return or if you were only doing it to save your family, but he found he didn't actually care. In the end, he got what he wanted anyway. And now you were his. For the rest of your lives, you were his and he would fight through all Seven Hells to keep you with him.