loverboy chapter 1. || "not again..."

Abbeydale, Gloucestershire, England. 

4 years earlier. 

+ + +

6:56am. Great. 4 minutes earlier. I looked at the alarm clock and sighed to myself as the daylight passed through the curtains blinding my eyes. Another day of school, or should I call it living hell? I stood out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom. I caught a glimpse of my refelction on the mirror, I didn't bother to turn around anyway, everytime I looked in the mirror was becoming even more and more suicidal to me. You see, I hate myself, I hate not being pretty and skinny as the other girls. I opened the key to the hot water and waited until it warmed up. I started undressing and got in the shower. I really loved that feeling, the feeling I get when I shower. I feel like a massive weight is being taken off my shoulders, I feel like all my thoughts and concernings are taken away for just a second. I mumbled a random melody whilst I got out of the shower. I blow-dried my hair and wrapped up a towel around my bare body and went to my closet to see what I was going to wear that sunny June day in Abbeydale. Though I didn't even care about it, I had to pick an outfit, so I decided to wear some denim jeans and a cute top. The only cool thing about this, is that school was almost over, which meant I'm almost out of here. I put on some bracelets on my left arm, grabbed my keys, my phone, my backpack and I headed downstairs to have some breakfast before I went to school. 

- Good morning mom! - I said to my mom and kissed her cheek.

- Hey sweetheart, your breakfast is on the table. - she said, I simply nodded and made my way to the table. 

I noticed that my brother wasn't around, which was kind of weird since boys usually take less time to get ready than girls. 

- what's up with James? - I asked my mom. 

- oh, he left earlier with his friend Steven. - my mom said. 

-oh... that's ok. - I said. 

Breakfast was pretty boring considering the fact that my brother wasn't around, and usually he was the one that would always bring up conversation topics. See, I don't have a good relationship with my mother, to be honest, I don't have a good relationship with anyone but my father, but he isn't usually at home, and I don't get to see him that much. 

I walked to the bus stop and waited for it. I can't complain about the ride to school, it was normal though. I arrived at school and made my way to my loocker. I opened it up and a note fell out of it. "you're such an asshole" I read. I bit my lip so the tears wouldn't spill out of my eyes. I crumbled the paper and put it in my pocket. I grabbed the book for my first class of the day and shut the door of my locker. And there he was, relying on the locker next to mine, ready to make me feel like crap. 

-oh, hi. - I said trying not to make eye contact with him. I gulped down and walked pass him. 

- hey, hey, hey, where you're think you're going little lady? - he said with a sarcastic tone in his voice. 

- to Science class? - I said turning around to face him. He licked his lips devilishly. 

- no. - he said and pushed me back, making me drop my books and hit the ground really hard. - do you wanna know where you're going? - he asked staring at me as if I was a helpless animal. I nodded because if I just stayed there without saying anything, I was sure it was going to be worse. - you're going to the supply closet you little bitch. - he said pulling me up by my hair and wrapping adhesive tape around my mouth so I wouldn't scream or something like that. He took me to the supply closet and closed the door, but before he left, he kicked me in the stomach multiple times, making me curl up. 

And there I was, another typical day in school for Ashley Underwood. I cried to myself until I heard the bell rang, which meant it was the first break. 

If only he could see how I felt about him, how much I loved him. There was something in his eyes that was just undeniable, how they shone when he was laughing and smiling with his group, even when he was laughing at me I could feel the warmthness of it. I just hope that one day he realizes that he breaks me every time he walks pass me, even though he makes me bleed on the outside, he makes my heart beat on the inside.