loverboy chapter 18. || "guys, this is Mary, my best friend."

8:36pm. That's the time right now. I'm standing in the middle of a crowd in Ibiza's International Airport waiting for my best friend to walk through the doors of security. I'm staring at the neck of the woman who's standing in front of me. I can see how the black ink curls around her neck, forming what seems to be a tiny flower that touches just a little of the tiny hairs that are in that part of her neck. I wonder what that tattoo means.  I've always wanted to get a tattoo, but I was too coward to do that. What if I don't like it when I'm older? What if it wrinkles with my sink? And if I regret doing it, would it be a friendly reminder of something that used to have a significant meaning but it just faded with the time? Just thinking about it gave me a headache, and even though I really desired one, the logical part of myself just kept saying that it was the wrong thing. Just like that, it kept telling me that I do not love Nathan, as much as I know I do.  I hated the feeling that there was a part of me that didn't agree with the other part, like there were two different people living inside of me, constantly bashing and fighting each other. I knew that I had to tell him that I loved him, because I really felt it, but, when? When a rush takes over me and I just simply say it? Or in one of those beautiful moments where I just stare at his emerald-green eyes or when he is holding me and I just feel so good? Either one, I needed to stop being so idiot and tell him, because I knew that if I didn't tell him soon, he will leave me, because he will fear that I do not feel anything for him.  I shook my heads out of my thoughts when I caught the first glimpse of Mary's swinging braid in the air. She was just going through security and looking for her baggage. A smile drew in my face when I remembered when I met her. We were going to chemistry class in the first block in college, when she entered the class and she took the spot next to me since it was the only one left. The teacher told us to do some mixing with the liquids we had in the essay tubes. I remember all of this because accidentally, since I am so clumsy, I spilled it off all over her clothes. She had to take a bath because the substance was toxic after that, and I felt so bad for her that I told her to move in with me, since she had she room next to the bathrooms, and let's not say it's the nicest one in the girl's dorm.  I thought that after a while she'd move out because maybe we weren't going to have anything in common, but instead, we became best friends. We shared the same interests, ideals and morals. I remember she always used to tell me about The Wanted, and that she was crazy about Nathan, but I just pretended I was listening to her even though I wasn't, because my stomach growled at the name "Nathan". She never told me his last name, thought, and if she did I was probably too focused on pretending that I was listening.  My body loosed when she came by and gave me a hug.  - Ashley!! - she said with her jaw rested on my shoulder.  - hey! How are you? How was your trip? - I asked her when we backed off the hug. 

- it was nice, I couldn't sleep, though, I was too excited. - she let out a little shriek. 

- I'm happy to hear that! - I noticed her baggage and - do you want me to help you with those? - I offered my help. 

- Nah, it's fine. - she said and wrinkled her nose. 

- do you want to go to the hotel? - 

- yes please - she said and we started walking towards the taxis. 

We arrived in the hotel and immediately rushed into our room. I knew Mary was trying to stop herself for asking where the guys were, because she didn't wanna seem l like she doesn't want to see me. But I felt bad for her, so I told her - Mary, I guess you're wondering where they are. They're sleeping right now, they have to get up early tomorrow but they promised they will meet you tomorrow - 

She let out a little shriek before she said a word. - that's okay, it's not like I'm going to sleep today. I'm so excited to be here with you - she told me. 

I didn't reply with words, instead I did with a smile that shone bright through my lips. I then went to the bathroom and changed into more comfortable clothing. I thought about what we were going to do tomorrow, when I recalled that I didn't know. When I came here I thought that I was going to be with Nathan all the time, but obviously he's got to work and I'm with Mary now. Something inside of me twitched when I thought about that, I wanted to be with him, but that's not going to be possible. I let out a faint sigh and cuddled up in bed. It still smelled like Nathan's aftershave, because we were here before. I found myself smiling as a stupid when Mary cleared her throat. I turned to her and she started speaking.