loverboy chapter 4 || "Damn mate, the boy's famous / Let's get lost."

I made my way back to the bathroom with all of these thoughts rounding in my head. I grabbed the hair dryer and dried my hair, then I put my PJ's on and lied on my bed. 

I remembered that earlier Nathan said that he was in a band, I was dying to know more about it, so I decided to Google him to see what he was talking about. 

I was just expecting his Twitter page to pop out, but instead there were like zillions of blogs dedicated to him and the band, a Wikipidia page, news of him on Newspapers, and so many other things. So, he was more famous than I thought.

"Damn mate, the boy's famous" I said to myself as I clicked on the Wikipedia page for The Wanted, I imagined it was the name of the band. 

I read: 

«The Wanted are an English-Irish boy band, formed in 2009 who made their debut release in July 2010. The group consists of members Max George, Nathan Sykes, Tom Parker, Jay McGuiness and Siva Kaneswaran and are currently signed to Island Records and in the US Mercury Records. They are managed by Scooter Braun.» 

Scooter Braun? Isn't him the dude who discovered Justin Bieber? 

"Wow", I simply said. 

I scrolled down Wikipedia and I saw that their Twitter page was on the external links, so I clicked on it. 

Apparently, their account was @thewantedmusic and their bio said: 
"GLAD YOU CAME OUT NOW! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/glad-you-came-single/id470944146
Follow us: @MaxTheWanted @TomTheWanted @NathanTheWanted @SivaTheWanted @JayTheWanted" 
They had about 300,000 followers. 

One of their last tweets was: 

"@thewantedmusic: It's great to be here in NYC! Love America! :D xx" 2 hours ago.

I couldn't help but to smile. 

I went back to their bio and clicked on what seemed like Nathan's twitter page. 

I read his bio: "18. In The Wanted. Socially awkward. I am the real life sid the sloth. Victory shall be mine. #nicely

I rolled my eyes playfully while I laughed. "This kid." I said still giggling. 

I started to read his tweets. 

"@NathanTheWanted: Night #twpeople :D xx" 2 mins ago. 

"@NathanTheWanted: It's been a wicked day in NYC, already miss home and everyone back there!!" 10 mins ago.

"@NathanTheWanted: America! Make sure to pre-order our new single guys! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/glad-you-came-single/id470944146 #GladYouCameForNo1 :) x" 15 mins ago.

"@NathanTheWanted: Nice seeing an old friend of mine today......... Xx" 17 mins ago. 

My heart suddenly stopped with the last tweet I read, he was absolutely talking about me.  I didn't know what to think, what did he mean by saying the word "friend"? as long as I know, we're the farthest thing from being "friends" . Maybe he was talking about somebody else? Maybe he saw another friend of his today? Oh, who am I kidding? I thought, He was totally talking about you Ashley, there are almost no possibilities of him meeting with an old friend in the other part of the world. But hey, same happened to me. How many possibilities are there to meet with him thousands of miles away from England? Was it a coincidence? No, It was pure destiny.

 Sometimes, I'd like to shut my thoughts and slap myself. I didn't wanna think about it in that way. Maybe I was right, maybe it was pure destiny, or maybe just a coincidence. 

Suddenly, I realized I was there, sitting in front of my laptop, kinda stalking the boy who made my secondary school years a living hell. Also, he was the boy I liked. A part of me felt stupid, and so I guess I just filled that hole with an awkward laugh. 

I didn't hesitate to follow him, the other band members and the band account as well.

I opened iTunes to listen music from them, to my surprise, they were number 3 in several countries of Europe and 1 in the UK! My eyes opened like to plates when I saw that, he was really successful!

I read that the No. 1 song was called Glad You Came and it was the first single from their second studio album, that was still unreleased, called Battleground. I clicked play and jammed to Glad You Came. 

"But I've listened to this song before!" I said to myself. I just didn't know the name nor the people who sang it. I instantly bought it, so as their debut album called The Wanted. 

I fell asleep whilst listening to it, they were excellent, it was weird listening to Nathan on my iPod, and even more weird to feel that I really liked them. 

---------

The next morning I woke up at 6am and got ready to my first day at work.