loverboy chapter 23. || "Ashley talks to Mary."

Nathan's P.O.V (Point of View)

- goddammit, Jay! Talk to me when you grow up! You're handling this like it's no big deal. - I said to Jay, trying really hard not to beat him, again. 

- and you talk to me when you stop caring so much for a kiss. - Jay said, but I shot the door behind me. 

- how was it, mate? - Tom asked me concerned. 

- rememeber me that next time I wanna talk to Jay about something serious, he has to be completely sober. - I said pinching the bridge of my nose and walking towards the exit door. 

- hmm Nath, I think you should know that Ashley called when you were talking to Jay. You should Skype her back. - Max told me. That kind of light up my night. 

- oh.. okay.. I'll call her when I get to my room. - I told him. - goodnight lads. - I said and walked out the door. 

I opened up the door to my room and rushed to my bedroom, where I turned on my laptop and logged in again on Skype. As I was expecting, Ashley was online. I hesitated before I video-called her. What was I going to tell her? And what will she think when she sees my face all bruised up and swollen? I took a deep breath and pressed the green button. 

She immediately picked up the call request. - hi Nathan! how are you? - she said and smiled at me. For the first time in that day, all my muscles seemed to relax and just calm down. I felt good now that I was talking with her. 

- that depends... what about you? - I asked her. 

- I'm... great! Thanks for asking... - she looked tired and weary. I could notice that she had a tough and long day as well. I have to admit, I was slighty surprised that she hasn't said anything about the bruises yet. - so umm... did you talk to Jay? how did it go? -

I froze a few seconds before I could come up with an answer, but she started speaking first. - Dear Lord, Nathan! What happened to you? What's about all those bruises? - she asked surprised.

- you didn't notice beofre? - I asked back.

- I mean I was writing an e-mail whilst I was talking to you... You know, multitasking and I wasn't on the Skype tab so... Anyway, please tell me this has nothing to do with- - she started saying but I cut her off.

 - Jay. Yes. Does a fist in my face and multiple kicks in my chest and stomach count as good to you? - I joked. I forced a smile but winced in pain. I hadn't notice how much my face hurt until now. 

She gasped and put a hand over her mouth. - Please tell me you guys did not fight. Please. Please. - she looked concerned, which made me feel bad. I know she wanted Jay and I being friends again. 

we did not fight. - I told her and managed a little smirk. 

- Nathan! Don't joke around with me! - she said, crossed her arms and pouted her lips. 

- what? - I laughed a bit. - that's what you wanted to hear. - 

- yes I know but.... ugh! Just... tell me the truth. - she said nervously. 

- alright, alright... Jay and I did have a little argument back on the Arena. But Max, Tom and Siva came right on time before I knocked him out. - I made a proud grin. I looked at the screen and she gave me a "seriously?" look. - okay, okay, they came right on time before he knocked me out. - I corrected. - but the point is that when we came to the hotel, I told him we needed to talk and I just actually came from their room. - I bit my lips. 

- yeah Max told me... - she said nervously. - so... what happened? - 

- he took everything... - I thought of a good adjective to describe Jay's actutide. - a little bit too childish. - I finally concluded.