loverboy chapter 28. || "did you really get over me?"

Nathan's P.O.V (Point of View)

Before heading to Ashley's apartment, we had to stop by the pharmacy to get my medicines. Seeing so many little bottles of pills made me sick to my stomach. I had to drink at least 3 different ones 3 times a day. I wasn't a fan of those things. They tasted horrible and made me want to sleep. But, there was a good part out of it. I was going to stay with Ashley for an entire week. And we were going to be alone. Completely alone. The thought made me smile to myself as I shut the door behind me. 

I hopped off the back seat of the taxi after Ashley, the dim light casting shadows in her face, making me weak. I want to tell her that I still feel the same way for her, but I'm scared, what if she got over me? It'd be really awkward, and heartbreaking. I never stopped thinking about her, not even for a second since she left. In fact, it made me think about her more. She was perfect for me and I couldn't deny it. 

I followed her up the stairs with Jay on my back carrying my bags since he was preoccupied I was going to faint there or something. - mate, it's just a headache. It's not as if I gotten shot or something. - I told him with a sarcastic grin on my face. He rolled his eyes and continued going up. 

Ashley stopped in front of a door and held out her keys. She turned around and sighed anxiously. - this is it. This is my apartment. Sorry if it's a little messy, it's just that I wasn't expecting company. No offense. - I smiled with one corner of my mouth. She was so cute when she was worried. She got all anxious about nothing. And somehow, that made me fall more in love with her. But I still can't believe I'm the one who messed up with her self-esteem, confidence and personality.... 

She opened up the door and Jay and I walked in. She seemed a little bit nervous, but she didn't have to worry about a thing. Her apartment was really pretty. I mean, it was cozy. When you entered you could notice an L-shapped sofa on the right corner with a little coffee table. Then there was a large mahogany table I assume served as her dining room. To the right side of the table were two big glass doors that led to a balcony. To the right of the table, was an entrance to her kitchen and to the back and left of the table was the door of her room. 

Jay put the bags on the floor and cleared his throat. Ashley was on the kitchen and I was so distracted detailing her apartment that I got lost in my thoughts. I turned around to see Jay so as Ashley. - guys, I think I'm going to leave. I haven't checked in the hotel and it's almost 11. I hope you have a goodnight. Don't do bad stuff if you know what I mean. - he said, winked and then narrowed his eyes at both of us. 

I didn't look at Ashley but I knew that she was having the same moment as me: an awkward one. I tried to control the blood that rushed to my cheeks and turned them red as I gave Jay a please-stop-it look. I pursed my lips and shifted on my feet. - Jay... - I said and faked a cough. 

- I was just kidding! - Jay threw his hands in the air. He laughed and then his face turned completely serious again. - but I'm being serious. - he said and narrowed his eyes again. 

Ashley got close to him and pushed him gently and playfully in the shoulder. - okay, okay big boy. I'm not that foolish. - she smiled widely. - thank you for helping us. Have a goodnight you too. - she ended saying and kissed Jay on the cheek. Was it me or he blushed? Hmmm... 

Now, it was just Ashley and me. Alone. 

The thought sent shivers along my back and dropped my body temperature. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for me to be left alone with her.... 

- so... - she said coming from the kitchen towards me. 

- so... - I said and pursed my lips, scratching the back of my head.