loverboy chapter 29. || "is that from a book?"

The next morning, I woke up to a shiny and warm day in The Big Apple. The sheets of Ashley's bed covered up my entire body. They smelled like strawberries mixed with vanilla... like her. I smirked at it and then got out of bed. As I walked outside her bedroom, I noticed that the apartment was filled with the distinguishable smell of scrambled eggs and fresh-fried bacon. I inhaled in the scent and my stomach started to roar. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday on my flight to New York. I entered the kitchen and Ashley was right on the doors of the refrigerator, serving herself a glass or orange juice. 

- feeling slightly american today, I can see huh? - I said joking with her and she turned around with a little jump. A bit of juice splattered down on the floor. 

- what the.... Nathan! Just scared the you-know-what out of me mind! - she said surprised, her two eyes widened. - you need to work on your communication mate, last night you didn't tell me you were changing in my room whilst I was in the bathroom as well! - she said and giggled. 

Yeah. Last night. 

I couldn't sleep well last night. She left me doubting about whether she still wanted to be with me or not. I asked if she got over me and she just simply said goodnight and left. I've seen it a lot in movies and stuff like that, so I figured out girls are always the same: the are masters of torture and always like to leave us boys with the doubt. They like to crawl under our skin to get to our head and punch us right where it hurts. 

Still, I wanted to be with her. No joke. I mean, it might be wonderful, it might be magical, it might be everything I've waited for, a miracle maybe, but even if I fall in love again with someone new, it could never be the way I loved her. 

My heart skipped a beat when she snapped her fingers in front of my face. - Nathan? You there mate? - she asked confused. 

- huh? - I came back to Earth. - yeah, yeah, just.... hungry. - I said and smirked. 

She smiled back at me and nodded towards the food. - do you like scrambled eggs, fried bacon and toast? - she questioned me. I stared at her with a poker face. Who didn't like scrambled eggs, friend bacon and toast? Like, for real? She seemed to take my sarcasm as an insult or something because she hit me playfully in the arm. - you leave the sarcasm OUT of my apartment's door! - she said and laughed.

- why, I can't help it! - I laughed along with her as she served my breakfast in a white rounded plate. 

We sat down at her dining table to have breakfast and talk about anything that came to our mind. 

- nice pictures you have there on your bedroom's wall. - I commented and took a bite of my toast. 

She looked away and blushed, cleaning the little pieces of bread that lied around her mouth with her hand. She was so perfect in every single little way. - you.. You saw them? - she said and put around her ear a lock of her golden brown hair. 

- yeah, I mean... They're all over the wall. - I said and shook my head as if saying "it's obvious". 

She laughed nervously. - there used to be more, but... - her voice trailed off. 

- but what? - I stared at her confused as her gaze became empty and frozen. 

- no, um, it's nothing. It's great that you saw them. - 

- yeah... You... - I cleared my throat. - you look so beautiful in all of them. - I finished and took a sip of orange juice. 

- they're nothing special, just... me being crazy. Basically being me so. - she said and raised her eyebrows. 

- exactly. That's why you look beautiful. - she blushed. - plus, the ones of all of the photoshoots you've had... I haven't seen you modeling and let me tell you that you kill it gurl! - I said with a fake american accent, which didn't come out as nice as I wanted it too.