loverboy chapter 31. || "Bonjour Paris."

Nathan woke me up in the middle of the flight. It was about 5 o' clock, so the sun was entering through the plane's windows in an oblique way. It surprised me that the sun rays haven't woke me up, since I was sat on the side of the window. I rubbed my eyes and while the blurriness cleared out of them I focused my gaze on Nathan. He was smiling and as he felt me watching him, he pointed towards the window. I quickly turned to my right side and saw through it, and the sight literally took my breath away. 

We were flying over Paris, and you could see the Arc de Triomphe from here, so as the Eiffel Tower and the River Seine snaking through the city. I couldn't help but to smile and grab Nathan's hand to squeeze. I looked at him with my jaw dropped and excited eyes. - oh my God Nathan! Are you seeing that? That's Paris! Bloody hell I'm so excited - I exclimed and kind of shrieked, and he just laughed at me. - what? - I asked, still surprised by the beauty of the city. 

- nothing, it's just that I love it when you're excited. You look like a little girl. - he stated and I felt how I blushed. I smiled. Why does he have to be so cute? I took another glimpse at the city underneath us, then turned around and kissed him lightly on the lips.

- thank you so much for this Sykes. - I whispered. 

- no problem Underwood. - he said and moved up the armrest that was between us, so I could cuddle up with him. 

About 5 minutes later the captain of the flight announced that we were going to land on Charles de Gaulle International Airport. I felt my body tingling. - is it your first time here? - I asked between his arms. 

- no, I've come here twice with the boys to do promo, you know. - he replied, resting his chin on the top of my head as he held me close to his chest. 

- excuse me lady, you need to sit properly on your seat for the landing, please. - a flight attendant suddenly said when she saw me cuddling with Nathan since the plane started to descend. 

I sat on my seat again and put the hair that fell from both sides of my face behind my ears. - yeah I-I'm sorry. - I commented and slightly smiled as I blushed. When the flight attendant went away, Nathan snorted jokingly at me. Once again, I asked: - what? - and raised my eyebrows. 

- nothing. - he smiled and looked at my eyes, with his shining. - come here. - he extended his right arm and I placed my head in his chest, as he wrapped his arms around my body. - I'm so happy to be with you here. - he whispered and kissed my head. I smiled and held his hand, before returning back to my seat for the final landing. 

As soon as I felt the plane touching the ground, I felt as if I was a new person. I breathed in and for the first time in years, I didn't feel as if I was drowning with this horrible pressure on my chest. I tightened my grip on Nathan's hand and sighed, happy to be here. It felt like a fresh start, a new beginning. With him, everything seemed reachable and possible. 

- dear passengers, we'd like to thank you for choosing American Airlines, we hope to see you soon. Please stay sat until the seat belt indicators turn off. Thank you. - the voice of a man ran through throughout the plane, making my anxiety grow bigger. I just wanted to get out of this plane. 

Moments later the sign turned off and Nathan stood up almost as fast as lightning. He smiled at me and I stood up as well. He grabbed our carry-on bags from the space above us and gave mine to me. We waited patiently until the passengers started to go outside the plane. It's always desperating, though it makes it even more exciting because the tension grows bigger, even more if you're in a country for the first time. 

Finally we both stepped out of the plane, hand in hand, and walked into the Airport. I heaved a sigh and smiled. I breathed in the scent: bakery mixed with perfume. I looked around and saw women and men from different cultures and places around the world, and I guess that's what makes international airports so fascinating: Earth might be a big, crowded place, but here, it seems to shrink. You can be in Africa for a minute, then Indonesia, and the next thing you know is that you're in Russia. 

We walked throughout the building until we made it to security, which we passed really quickly and then we got to pick up our baggage. And finally, it was time to walk through the glass sliding doors to catch my first glimpse of Paris. Nathan held my hand a little bit tighter, as I looked around me and tried to absorb like a sponge everything. The sun was starting to go down, so the sky was painted with beautiful both cold and warm colors. The buildings near the airport had their lights on, which made the whole thing look as if we were in the middle of the Milky Way: the lights were the stars and the colors of the sunset were the nebulae. It was spectacular.

- how do you say it? - I asked Nathan, but I remembered right before he even had a chance to answer. - oh right, - I confirmed. - Bonjour Paris! - 

Nathan smiled at me and then kissed me. My knees went weak and my heart started to beat faster. And I guess what they say it's true: Paris is really the city of love. We just touched down here and as soon as Nathan kissed me I felt my head going crazy. It made me feel as if all my feelings were aligned and were longing for one thing in common: for him. The air just seemed to be more romantic, and I don't know if I was just overeating or going delirious, but I swear it felt like it, at least for me. 

- come here, I want you to see the hotel. - Nathan said, wrapping an arm around my waist. And that's when I remembered we were in Europe now, and The Wanted was more known in Europe than in America. My insides twitched and my whole body started itching: maybe here there were going to be papparazzis chasing me and Nathan around. 

I tried not to think about it so much, because I was determined to make this the best trip of my life, with no preoccupations or worries.