7: Hot, lesbian Elena!

"O-oh wow!" Josh said. Obviously isn't aware of the surprise. His hands from my ass dropped. A big ol living room that was dark now has lights on and full of people I don't know. Everyone laughed and clapped. Could this get any more embarrassing? I tried to fix my dress and hair. I smiled. Don't be suspicious. Josh shook hands, kissed, and hugged the guests. I was introduced to friends, neighbors, and a few colleagues. "And here, Grace. The mastermind of all this, my father, Frank Keating." I shook hands with an older version of Josh. They have the same ocean eyes and cleft chin. "Pleased to meet you, sir." I smile shyly. As if he did not just see his son's hands on my ass. "Call me Frank. And the party was all your mother's idea." He informed us. "I just missed our baby, that's all." A familiar voice said. I turned my head back and I was met with a strikingly beautiful woman. My brain was a little slow at registering. But this woman. Is none other than.. "And this is my mother, Elena." Your WHAT?

Elena smiles warmly at me. Yes. Yes, that's her. I'd know that smile from anywhere. I took her hand and that's all the confirmation I need. "You must be the mystery girl my son has been talking about. It's nice to finally put a face on it." My throat was dry from being open for too long. "Can I use your bathroom?" That was the first thing that came out of my mouth. "Uhh.. of course. It's the right door to your left." Josh pointed and I was off. On my way to the restroom, I was greeted with more smiles from strangers. A dog barks and jumps on me. Elvis? Oh my God, I gotta get out of here.

"Woah Gracie. Slow down. You're going like a mile a minute." Mickey said over the phone once I am alone in the fancy bathroom. Panic crept over me. "So how's your family date with Josh?" She asked. "I'm in the bathroom."

"Nice!"

"No. Not nice. This is terrible."

"Let me guess, you took a big dump and now you can't flush the toilet."

"I wish! But no. Elena is here." I said. That got her attention. "Elena? Hot, lesbian Elena?"

"Hot, lesbian Elena!!!"

"I don't understand. I thought you're at Josh's parents?"

"She IS one of Josh's parents!" The other line went silent. I thought it got cut off. "Hello? Mickey?"

She answered. "Oh my God, you screwed your boyfriend's mother!" Why does this excite her? "Shut up! And he's not my boyfriend."

"Pppsshhh. Whatever. You Screwed someone's mother."

"Mickey I'm serious. What the hell am I going to do?"

"What did she say to you?" She asked. I tried to replay the awkward introduction with Josh's parents. "She Uhm.. doesn't seem to remember me."

"She wasn't at all surprised?" She asked. "She doesn't. It was natural. Formal, even." If she remembered, she did very well on hiding it.

"Maybe she's forgotten about it. Which means you're not in trouble anymore." How can she forget that? "Okay. Yeah. So I'm good? You think I should get out of the bathroom now?"

"That would be wise, yes."

I hung up the phone and re-entered the living room. "Hey! We meet again!" Carl walked up to me. "Hey. Did you know about this?" I asked. Because he could've warned me about it before we walked in with Josh's arms around me. "No idea. I've just been called to come over here right away and surprise!" Surprise indeed. "Josh seems to be enjoying that ass." I couldn't tell whether he's hitting on me or complimenting me but I thanked him anyway. "Where'd you get that drink?" I asked. I sure need one. Or ten. "That hottie on the bar. Julia! I thought that was you.." And with that, the conversation ended. When I got to the bar I was met with another familiar face. I was expecting a lady bartender but no. This is.. "Joe?" He looked at me. "What can I get you, ma'am?" He probably doesn't remember me either. "You look a little pale. I'll get you a.." He paused and studied me. "A dirty Martini coming right up!" He smirks. Oh shit. Now he remembers. "Is this a mini-reunion or what?" He exclaims. "Shhh. Keep your voice down. Please."

"Something happened between you and Ms. Richards, right?" He said while preparing my order. "How would you know that?"

"You two were pretty drunk that night. And I know Ms. Elena Richards." Oh, so she's done this before? Sleep with strange lonely women at the bar and then forgets that it ever happened? Why am I so bothered? So what if she doesn't remember me? I don't care. I don't.. "Grace.." I turned around from the sound of my name being called. Elena. With her high heeled, crème colored turtleneck. She looks even more beautiful now. Damn it! "H-hi." I smiled weakly. We stare at each other for what seemed like thirty years. "Well, this is fun." Joe broke the awkward silence. I got my drink and walked away. Keep walking. Keep walking. Where the hell is Josh? I bumped into his dad. Whose arms are around a woman.

"Ah, Grace. Meet my fiancé, Vivian." Oh. Stepmother number 2. We made a brief conversation about their prenup shoot. "Oh, we must get the flowers from you, then! Won't that be wonderful, Frank?" Vivian asked when I mention the flower shop. "I don't see why not." Was his answer. "Perfect! The wedding is in two months. I cannot wait!" She seemed too perky. "Me too." I see Josh in the crowd with Carl and a few of his friends. I excused myself and made a beeline to him. "Are you avoiding me?" Elena appeared in front of me. And there's that intoxicating scent again. "Uhm.. no?" I managed to answer. "Yes, you are. You have been since you snuck out on me that night." And just like that, my tongue was tied. She remembers.