9: Who's Gay?

"Wait. Let me get this straight.. You didn't sleep together?" Mickey asked with her tailored navy blue suit as she walked in the shop. "No, we didn't." Was my answer. "He drove you home and that was it?" She asked. "That's pretty much it." I sprayed water on the flowers. "I'm not sure I'm following." She said. "I don't know either, Mickey. Okay? I guess it's because we didn't technically have a first date yet." I said when Violet entered. Bright and early. "Oh please. You had sex with Elena the first night you met her." She rolled her eyes. "You slept with a woman, boss?" Violet said as soon as she caught up in the daily Grace news. I sighed. "It was one time. And that was different. We hooked up. End of story." I moved the flowers around. "I didn't know you were gay," Violet commented. The bell rang and that means customer. "Who's gay?" Said Josh's voice. Shit.

"Uh.." What the hell do I say? "Hi, I'm Michaela. Grace's best friend." Mickey extended her hand to him. "I'm gay." She laughs. "Gay gay gay! All day!" I glared at her. Not sure if this is helping or not. "Of course. How are you?" Josh said otherwise. They shook hands. "Good! And I'm off to work. I'll see you two around." She hugged me. "You're welcome." She whispered. I'm going to murder her.

"Hey. What brings you here?" We kissed. "I thought I'd just drop by to give you these." He handed me a small box with flowers beautifully arranged on the inside. "But it's probably lame since you own and work on a flower shop." He laughs nervously. "I should've gotten you chocolates or something." There goes that charming bright smile again. "No. It's perfect. This is so sweet of you." I see Violet on the corner of the shop batting her eyelash and sighing. I know that look. And may I just say, I know, right??

"Josh this Violet. She works here." He offered his hand. She took it. "I have a boyfriend." She blurted. "Oh. Good to know." Josh replied. Snap out of it, Vi.

"Cool. Uhm, Grace I gotta head to the site. Carl and the team needs me."

"Of course."

"I'll call you tonight."

"I'll be waiting."

"Wow. I mean he's just.." Violet said once his car started moving away. "Hey. Remember James?" I teased. "Let's open up the shop."

"You got it boss Grace," Violet said. And the morning started to roll in.

"Hello?" I answered my phone on the third ring in the middle of the day. "Grace. I need a favor." It's Josh. "Sure. Anything. What's up?" I signaled Violet to take over the counter. "I left a briefcase at my mom's yesterday." Uh oh. "Ohh. That's too bad." He's hesitating. "Josh do you want me to bring you the case?" He released a breath. "That would help a lot right about now." I could hear people's inaudible voices in the background. Sounds like a busy day. "Of course. I'll go get it for you."

"Thanks. You're such an angel." And the call was cut off. Okay. No big deal. I just have to.. go and see Elena again. Ugghh perfect. "Vi, I need to be somewhere today. Think you could handle the counter?" I asked while I prepare my bag. "I'm on it." She said. "Watch out for the store while I'm gone."