15: I made you look, didn't I?

"Why don't you ever take your shoes off?" Elena asked while we walk down the shore. Trust me, it's been tempting. "I guess I'm just not comfortable," I said. "It feels nice and warm. It's therapeutic. You should try it." The sun is almost gone and it's starting to get dark. "I only go barefoot when I'm at home and as you can see, I glanced around. This isn't exactly even near my house." I chuckled. "That's too bad. You're missing in on a lot of stuff, Grace." As we continue to walk, we saw two little girls trying to bury their golden retriever on the sand. "Have you always been gay?" I asked out of the ocean blue. "Before I answer that, can I just say I love your random blunt questions?" She smiles. Aw man, I could look at that view all day. "It's a bit rude, isn't it? I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that.""My first boyfriend was when I was 16. His name was Hansel." The water has started to reach Elena's foot by inch. "We used to hang out at his place a lot. And one day we caught his older sister having sex with her boyfriend on the couch. Hansel was of course traumatized. But I still can't get that grin off of her sister's face in my mind." She laughs and covers her mouth. "Since then every time we come over, she would look at me in a.. hot way..""Oh my God Elena did you hooked up with your boyfriend's sister?" I accused. But enjoying the pink in her cheeks right now. She looked at me offended. "I did NOT!" I raised my eyebrows at her. "Okay, we made out." It was my turn to cover my mouth. "Elena..""Yes?""Did you break Hansel's, little heart?"She softly punches me in the arm, and we laughed it off. "Oh, let's walk over there." She took my hand, but I didn't move. "Your shoes are gonna get wet, Grace. Let's go this way." With my free hand, I slowly took my sandals off. And for the first time that day, I felt relieved and relaxed. The wet sand between my toes feels warm and amazing. Wow. This is what I've been missing out on? Elena stared. "What?" I asked. "But you're not.. even near your house." She said. "I felt comfortable." She looked down at our tangled hands and that's when I realized she's still holding unto me. I suddenly felt the blood rushing up to my neck and in my face. I let go of it and carried my shoes. "Should we go this way?" I continued walking and left Elena standing there. I glanced back at her. "I made you look, didn't I?" I said and saw how her lips curved to a smile.