47: I'll go anywhere with you, Elena.

(Author: Heyy readers! Before you dive deeper into Grace and  Elena's, I'd like to apologize for the late updates. As you may have noticed, the book is near the ending which means I'm working on the 3rd book. I need to make sure I have enough chapters for the new one before this ends. I hope you understand and I thank you for all your support. Happy reading! *This message will self distruct*)

"Hey. Right on time." I was just about to ring the bell when Elena opened her door. Wearing a white with blue striped blouse and denim pants. I feel a little bit overdressed with this open-necked, fitted yellow dress. "Come on." In her hand is a picnic basket. She put it in her car that was parked right in the driveway. "Get in." She said once it's running. I didn't even ask where I just put my seat belt on. I'll go anywhere with you, Elena. "You look beautiful, by the way." She reached out to kiss me in the cheeks and lightly brushed my bangs. "Did I ever tell you how much I love your hair? Even before you got these bangs." No. but tell me more..

"Breathtaking Blooms? Elena, if I needed a ride to work, I could just take my car."

"I need to pick something up. Stay here." I watched as Elena takes one of the flower arrangements of Lilies I made. I also saw how Violet fans herself after they hug. "This one's for you, sweetheart." Elena gets back in the car after a few minutes with the bouquet and a single sunflower. "It matches your dress." Could she BE cuter?? I've never received flowers from my own shop. Many people think that would be weird but coming from Elena, it's.. sweet. To receive something of my hard work, It's like a reward, really. I'm all giddy this morning!

"The cemetery? Did someone... died?" I asked when we rounded the corner. "My daughter." Your what now? I followed Elena to get off the car as soon as we parked.

"Good morning, my love." She said in a little tombstone that read, "Lilly Keating." She placed the flowers right next to it. I took a step back and gave her just enough space.

A minute later or so, she reached her hand out to me. I stared at it before holding it. Why does this feel so strange and yet natural at the same time? "Honey, this is Grace. The one I've been telling you about." She smiles at the tombstone. She.. she tells her about me? "Now, don't be jealous. You'll always be my favorite girl." A glittering tear appeared in the corner of her eye. "Grace.." She looks down at me. "I want you to meet my daughter, Lilly." I took a deep breath. I've never seen Elena this vulnerable.

"I- I didn't know you had a daughter."

"It's not something I talk about to a lot of people." Still.. How come I never even heard of this from Josh? "Frank and I wanted to expand our family after getting married. Give Josh a little sister, you know.." She sniffed. "There were.. complications during my um, pregnancy. But she made it. I held her for a few seconds before they take her away from me. She was premature and, well.. spent a week inside that incubator. I held her for an hour before her little heartbeat stops. She was so tiny" I could tell from her face how aching this all was. Oh, Elena... She takes a deep breath. "Every Friday I bring her flowers" Lilies. That was the time I saw her buy flowers from the shop before I left for Greece. At this moment, I don't think I can say anything else. I rested my head on her shoulders and she held me tight. We stayed there for a few more minutes.

"I don't think I could ever have breakfast without eggs." She took a sip from her coffee. We decided to eat at the Pink Bean. I think Elena in the morning is my favorite. "Grace, if you keep looking at me like that, you'll never finish your pancakes." Damn it. Who could blame me? She's wearing that same bandana from before. It's distracting. She eats so delicately. Of course, the only time I saw her eating was at the cabin and in the bedroom. Okay, I need to drink from my coffee now. "Hey, guys." It's Sarah from the party. "Hey." We both greeted. She had the same leather jacket but this time in a shade of light green. It bodes well from her dark and maybe burgundy kind of hair. She carries a helmet in her arms. "How's Michaela doing?" She asks.

"She's at work now without any headaches, thankfully," I answered. She smiles. "That's good to hear. She almost pulled me into the water with her."

"She remembers very little of that night." The three of us laughed. "This may seem weird, but did she ever mention me?" That is weird. Why would she mention her? "It's just that.. well we were talking business. She's in advertising and luckily, I'm currently looking for a new advertiser. You see, I'm in the film industry. But before we could talk further and before I could get a QR code of her business card, that's where all the splashing happened."
"Ohh."
"But seeing as she didn't remember any of it.. maybe I'll catch up with her another time. It was good to see you guys."
"Wait, I'm sure I can give you her number. Here." I showed her my phone and she took Mickey's number. "Thanks. That'll help a lot. Enjoy your breakfast." With that, she took off.

"She's gay," Elena commented. I looked outside and watched her put her helmet on and ride her cycle. "Because she's friends with Lauren and Mia who are.. gay?" She rolled her eyes. "Not that. She has this.. vibe. Is Mickey straight?" She asked out of the blue. "Oh, she's straight." I took a bite of my pancake. "She has a very annoying boyfriend."
"Hmm.."
"What? Why?"
"Nothing. I don't mean to judge."
"No, tell me."
"Well, I don't know. She seemed.. queer. Maybe?" I shook my head. "There's no way. Mickey's straight. I know her too well."
"You didn't even notice your boyfriend was gay."
"Ex-boyfriend. And hey. That's your son we're talking about."
"Step-son"

We laughed. I like having breakfast with Elena. It feels like sunshine and butterflies. That's a bit obnoxious. Where did all this cringyness come from?

"Okay. Now it's time to head home, right? I mean like, you're home. Your house. Because.. we're gonna be baking. At your home. Place." Oh shit. I'm nervous. She started the engine. Once it hummed, she placed her hand on my headrest to wiggle us out of the two cars that were parked right between us. Her face is so close to me. She smells like pancakes and coffee. I closed my eyes to savor the closed space. "Grace.." She called my name and I opened my eyes only to see her staring back right at me. "You forgot to put your seatbelt on."

"Oh, sorry. Let me just.." I reached out but caught her hands instead. There's that butterfly again. We looked at each other for a very long time before we burst laughing out loud. Our immense laughter surrounded the car. We caught each other's eyes again but this time, hers darted down to my lips. And the car went quiet but I can hear my own heartbeat. If she kisses me, Lord can take me. BBBBBEEEEEEPPPPP!!!

A car honked behind us. "GET THE FUCK OUTTA THERE!" the driver said in a very southern accent. "Someone needs their coffee badly," Elena said. Which had us in another round of laughter.