04 || Workout For You

Edited: 04.11.2022

Song: J. Cole Work Out (slowed + reverb) - I just had to

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

By the time six pm rolls around, I'm in my room composing some music for an orchestra night, my talk with Jacob still fresh in my mind.

I needed to tone it down.

And according to Jacob, I was far too overdramatic to know how to do that.

But I was going to prove him wrong.

"Miss Giana?" Comes a voice from my open bedroom door.

"Giana." I correct, turning towards Divya, one of the house maids who stands at my door. "Just call me Giana."

She nods and I watch the tension pour off of her as her posture relaxes. "Dinner's ready."

Divya was relatively young, about my age. Which was probably why I felt so comfortable around her. "Where is Alessio... and Liam?" I add after realizing that it'd be weird for me to be so curious about just Alessio's whereabouts.

"They will be joining. Mr. Galanti only ever misses a family dinner when he's away on business."

"Perfect. Thanks!" I beam up at her, my mood instantly lifting as I jump up and follow after her.

"Does my hair look okay?" I suddenly ask, realizing that in my fit of excitement, I didn't think to look in a mirror.

Divya tilts her head at me. "I don't think there's a single hair out of place."

I don't know how to interpret that, but I still send her a thankful smile before she turns towards the kitchen with a satisfied nod while I continue down the hall towards the dining room.

I straighten a hand down my outfit that consists of a vintage corset type top and a pair of light washed jeans.

Nothing special, and I worry that it's not cute enough as I make my way towards my seat next to Liam and adjacent from the head of the table.

The head of the table where Alessio sat.

I had thought myself lucky to have a seat so close to Alessio, but I a quick look at the empty chair on the other side of Alessio tells me that no one liked to sit next to the boss.

I wonder why.

I greet Liam with a peck on his cheek, pushing down the little voice in my head that wants to greet Alessio the same and instead, ignore his broad figure in a perfectly fitted white dress shirt, sitting at his chair, his attention focused on his phone.

It isn't until I take my seat that the man finally turns his head, acknowledging my presence. And when he does, he merely sends me a nod, his face blank and I can tell even that action is forced.

I don't bother with a response, preoccupying myself with scooping food into my plate. I glance around the rest of the long table.

The table was far too large to be intimate, which explained why everyone was lost in conversation with the people near them.

I tune out Liam's conversation and begin eating my rigatoni, my corner of the table completely silent and it has everything to do with the Italian Adonis next to me.