35 || Victim

Edited: 11.22.2022

Song: Miguel - Sure Thing (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

I skipped breakfast far too heartbroken to eat let alone face the man I hated with all my heart.

Instead I told Marco I needed to be at school on a Sunday morning for the school play rehearsals.

It was partly true, except for the part where I needed to be there. I didn't but I'd rather spend my day cooped up in an auditorium with out of tune theater kids than the asshole and his little bitch.

Speaking of the assholes little bitch, I'd ran into Greta as I was leaving my bedroom. She'd come out of Alessio's room, and before he could follow, I ran downstairs and out of the house, not giving them the time of day.

They could screw themselves... or each other for all I cared.

Despite the anger, the thought made my skin crawl and my insides feel like they were being burnt alive.

But I'd rather burn myself alive than make a scene and give them that satisfaction.

Last night was special, or so I thought before Alessio proved to be a two timing man whore.

Ugh- I can't believe I fell for it, for him all to feel used, abandoned and cheap afterwards.

He'd ruined it for me.

"Did you get your calculus test back?" Marco voice slices through the deafening silence in the car as he pulls up to the front of the school. 

I shrug and look out the window towards the parking lot where I see William exit his car and walk towards the front door. "Not yet." I murmur distractedly, waving at William as he passes by.

He stops and turns, sending me a smile and waving back.

William wouldn't ever dare of treating me like Alessio did. He'd worship the ground I walked on.

"Who is that?" It's then that Williams gaze moves to the man next to me and he quickly turns and walks into the school building.

With an annoyed sigh, I turn towards Marco who's staring after William, his brows furrowed. "He's my literature professor."

"You seem very familiar with each other." He draws moving to look at me.

"I've known Mr. Westbrook for a while now." I offer as Marco nods, his eyes searching my face. 

It was true, I had known William for years.

Five years to be exact.

Although he was a relatively new professor at our school, prior to his role as a permanent professor, he was on the board and an occasional teaching assistant.

Our arrangement, however, was somewhat new. It started a few months after my eighteenth birthday but I'd known him for much longer.

I first met him in ninth grade. He would accompany me to all my performances, competitions, interviews and events as a chaperone since mamá couldn't.