22 || Empty Symphonies

Edited: 07.25.2022

Song: the cinematic orchestra - to build a home (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

I wasn't someone who got stage fright.

Crowds didn't make me nervous, in fact- I liked the attention. Performances were just between my music and I.

But I'd be lying if I said the thought of Alessio watching didn't make me anxious. So anxious that I couldn't do any of my pre-performance rituals.

Instead, I was glued to my dressing room chair, applying my lipstick and making sure I looked absolutely perfect for my performance. 

I was going to be doing a solo, which meant that I was going to have all his attention.

Would he think I looked beautiful? Would he think I was any good? Would I lift my head and catch his eye mid performance? Would he then smile at me?

I couldn't stop thinking about these scenarios. I'd think myself to be pathetic if I weren't so distracted by the excitement of him seeing me play.

I hadn't talked to him after telling him I'd reserve him a seat, and when it was time to go home, he'd disappeared with Greta.

Marco had mentioned how they were heading off for a couple hours, something about Greta dragging him away. I could do nothing but accept it, she could have him for those hours and keep him busy until the show started.

Marco on the other hand had adapted as my personal body guard of sorts. For what? I had no idea, but he was with me everywhere I went since that night of the college party.

Which only led me to believe there was something more going on. But I pushed it to the back of my mind because I had more important things to worry about.

Like my performance.

It may have been a little pathetic, but I didn't mind Marco's company. He didn't say much, and most of the time stood broodingly in the corner of every room I was in. And for someone that was a giant, he was quiet.

I twirl the two front strands of my hair that naturally fall loose from my hair that's pulled back in a low bun as I stare at my reflection one last time.

A simple black gown, my favourite pair of Jimmy Choo's with diamond detailing to compliment the diamond on my wrist from mamá's bracelet.

My good luck charm.

Whoever said money didn't buy happiness clearly never knew what it felt like to have diamonds.

I look back at Marco who is standing by the door starring ahead. "Is it busy out there?"

He gives me one single nod. "Full house."

"Really?" My eyes move towards the door as I bite down on my lower lip. "I hope Alessio gets in fine. I know he doesn't like large gatherings and there might not be room for an entourage - it was hard to get just the one ticket alone on short notice. Do you think I should text him?" I try to keep the worry out of my tone, but fail miserably.