59 || The Ultimate Tease

The two end pics don't really have anything to do with the chapter. But they match the aesthetic and are so cute😫

Song: Rihanna - Te Amo (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

Sleep was one of the most precious things in life. So precious and delicate that the slightest of disturbances could completely ruin it all. And on those days where my sleep was disturbed, I tended to get very unbearable and cranky.

And this morning, the disturbances came in small gradual waves.

It all started with the Miami sun blaring into my eyes, making it nearly impossible to lay comfortably. Of course I had simply turned my head and buried it into the warmth of the body below mine.

But then it was the tickling sensation that grazed along my nose. I swat the source away from my face but all that does is earn me a grunt of disapproval.

However what finally does it for me, is the blaring sound of a ringtone.

"Mmhessio." I groan out, knowing it's not my phone. I didn't have one and the only other possibility was the man below me.

Of course he doesn't respond and continues to sleep while I'm left to deal with the unbearable sound.

With a groggily huff I roll off him and roll towards the other side of the bed, away from the blaring sound.

The action causes my weight to shift onto my left side and I hiss out in pain clinging onto my left upper arm. I finally move onto my back and snap my eyes open and an annoyed growl escapes my lips when the ringing doesn't stop.

I try to move but all I can manage is kicking my foot out beneath the covers towards the brute. "Alessio." I snap tiredly.

Only my action does more than just wake him up. My foot ends up connecting with his groin and I watch him grunt out and grab onto my foot as his eyes snap open. There's a mix of pain, annoyance and confusion on his face. "Che cazzo?!" He snaps, his voice a throaty grumble.(What the fuck?!)

I don't offer him any response, instead I simply nod towards the nightstand.

He reaches his hand back and grabs his phone bringing it to his ear. "What?!" He barks into the phone, the anger and malice clear in his tone.

I wipe the sleep from my eyes as I tilt my head to watch him. His face is scrunched up into one of annoyance and it only intensifies when whoever's on the other end speaks.

I guess we're both a bit cranky this morning.

I shuffle closer to him, he's laid on his back, his jaw set as he stares to the ceiling and when he brings a hand out to pinch the bridge of his nose, I can tell he's not just cranky.

He's frustrated, angry and annoyed.

I shuffle closer but my body tenses when he finally responds to the other person. "No, Greta, I don't have time for more events. I thought you said he was coming around."

The need to sleep instantly vanishes and something close to dread pools in my stomach. I have the sudden urge to vomit as a wave of doubt washes over me.