45 || The Fight For Control

Song: The Weeknd - Heartless (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

As a child I was never a morning person even though I tended to wake up early most days.

I was grumpy and snappy so much so that mamá would make me walk back upstairs so that I could wake up on the right side of bed. It was just a tediously annoying way of telling me to fix my attitude, but it worked.

That was up until she got so busy that she wasn't there when I woke up, which reversed the effects of her discipline, thus making my mornings horrible.

Although this morning wasn't exactly one of those bad mornings, it soon turned into one the moment I fluttered my eyes open and almost had a heart attack once I realized I wasn't in bed alone.

I was so freaked out last night that Ethan offered to lay with me until I fell asleep, and I guess somewhere along the way he also fell asleep-in his uncomfortable suit.

We didn't do anything other than fall asleep, and I was in an unflattering pair of grey joggers and matching sweatshirt but I still found myself feeling extremely awkward about it.

Ethan was extremely sweet and respectful but sleeping next to him just wasn't it.

It was wrong of me and something I shouldn't have been doing but I found myself comparing it to Alessio.

And no one compared to him.

It was dangerous territory to venture into but I couldn't help my mind that automatically compared the bland feeling of waking up in bed with Ethan, to the way my stomach and heart would flutter when I would wake up next to him.

He made me feel safe, protected and cared for.

But most of all his touch was what affected me so much. It wasn't in a sexual way, it was the intimate sentiment.

The way he would show his affection through innocent absentminded touches like the tickle of his fingers lightly tracing my skin as he would draw circles. The feeling of his rough hand on my cheek. The tenderness of his fingers massaging my scalp.

I couldn't explain it, but those touches meant so much that I found my body craving them.

They said what words couldn't, that he cared for me and he might not have been ready to say it out loud but he sure as hell wasn't afraid to show it.

His words and actions hurt me but his touch made me feel beyond anything I was used to. It was so affectionate and loving that it carried into the times we were sexual. Alessio didn't realize it, but he was already doing what he claimed he couldn't.

He was mixing sex and intimacy.

Too bad he wasn't aware of it nor would he come to terms with the truth unless he came to the conclusion on his own and by then it would already be too late.

I forced my mind away from Alessio and instead did the right thing by offering Ethan breakfast, seeing as it was still early.

He had agreed, but that agreement turned into hesitation the moment we walked into the foyer bypassing all the men who looked like they were heading out, but not before making their sudden distaste for him evident.