39 || Menstruation Madness

Song: Harry Styles - Sweet Creature (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

Women are superior creatures.

We mature earlier than men in terms of cognitive and emotional function. We are able to create, hold and push a living being out of our bodies. We have to deal with painful periods where we can't simply call in sick, all the while having to put up with men and their bullshit.

Of course it wasn't all men, but it was enough to the point where I had grown sick of the male species all together. And these past few days have been a reflection of just how tired I was of the shitty men in my life.

For starters my own father. He was a disgusting mass manipulator and a straight up psychopath. He was everything I hated in a man and more.

Then there was the second man I had grown to love and care for. Riccardo Galanti was truly like a father to me. Growing up I hadn't seen much of him, but when I did he was always so kind and loving.

Now I knew it was all a load of shit. I was just a possession of his, one that he was prepping for whatever he wanted to use me for.

And then there was the man that had given me far more heartbreak than I could imagine. The one that was alive and had been acting as a punching bag for all of my rage and anger towards those men.

Alessio.

I knew it wasn't right to be taking my anger out on just him, because I wasn't just angry with him. I was angry with papá and Riccardo but they were dead. Alessio on the other hand was alive, only his behaviour these past few days could say otherwise.

He wasn't himself. He wasn't the strong, powerful confident man I knew him to be. He was quiet, unmotivated and just outright sad.

He was like a kicked puppy and it might not have been noticeable to everyone else, but it was to me.

It also didn't help that I was only kicking him when he was down and today I had woken up feeling extremely ashamed of how I had been treating him these past few days.

He was weak and vulnerable yet I still didn't cut him any slack. I had done some things I wasn't proud of these past few days and when he didn't fight back, snap or explode on me I kept pushing his buttons.

At first it was small, blasting my music throughout our entire floor when I knew he was working or on a phone call. But when he didn't snap or fight back I only pushed further.

So far that I ended up giving his red Ferrari to Lionel- one of the gardeners, as an early retirement present. 

But he still didn't react.

And so I got angry and maxed out his black card.

He spent two hours on the phone with the bank trying to get access to more credit and when I was prepared for a fight, he did nothing and went back to sulking.

Finally when I was just about sick with his mopey attitude, I sent the maids home early. I knew Alessio ate dinner after everyone else and most of the time he had his dinner brought up to his office. So when he walked into the kitchen searching for the maids and wondering what happened to his food, I was down there waiting for him.