10 || Simple Stupid Man

Edited: 04.23.2022

Song: Frank Ocean - In My Room (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

Having Fefe around was a breath of fresh air. Not only did she make me feel safe but I had someone to lay with me at night like mamá use to.

She would brush my hair and tell me me stories of my childhood. We talked about everything and anything.

Which was why when she told me she was leaving to travel to the Swiss Alps my heart broke. But I knew Fefe was happier traveling. She was living out her last few years traveling the world while she could and I couldn't possibly blame her. But my heart still hurt at the prospect of her leaving me again.

I didn't want to be alone.

"What's wrong?" I finally ask Fefe who stands behind me, brushing my hair as I sit at my vanity.

I had just gotten ready for bed and tonight Fefe wasn't going to be sleeping with me but I was determined to soak up the last of her before she left only now, I could tell something was bothering her.

""Lessi works too much. I don't feel good leaving him here like this." She sighs and shakes her head as small frown on her face. "He keeps chasing success so much that he will miss out on life."

"Oh, I know." I mumble, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "I once tired getting him to stop working so late but that backfired quickly."

She suddenly smiles and kisses the back of my head. "Keep trying, he may not show it, but everyone needs someone at the end of the day."

I scrunch up my nose, "I don't think the same goes for Alessio. And if it does, I won't be the one to get through to him." Despite how much I want to be the one.

She shakes her head and smiles. "He's just like his grandfather. Needing to be soothed." She mumbles.

My eye snap up to hers, my dirty mind immediately thinking soothing as something else. But Fefe narrows her eyes at my face in the mirror. "Not like that." She tsks lightly smacking me.

"I mean make him feel good. Relieve his stress and you can get almost anything from him." She shrugs. "I use to do it to his grandfather. Give a little rub, play with his hair. Anything like that and bam you wanted a new car? He already placed the order without even realizing it. He's a simple stupid man." Fefe says, and I chuckle.

I stare at her in contemplation. I cant believe I was considering taking advice from his grandmother.

I hadn't properly talked to Alessio in nearly two days with being so preoccupied with Fefe, but it wasn't like he was actively trying to spend time with me either. Other than the occasional greeting here and there he was busy.

By the time the clock reaches midnight, I'm in bed still trying to get Fede to lay with me one last time but she refuses and we merely end up saying our goodbye's.

She brings a hand up to wipe at a few stray tears. "Now, stop fretting about me. Sleep and don't forget to check on that boy. He's been working himself sick the entire time I've been here."

Sniffling to myself, I nod and she disappears out of my room where I'm left to sleep all alone.

I wake not even thirty minutes later from a nightmare. One that makes me realize just how pathetic it is to need someone else with me when I sleep.