37 || His Prisioner

Edited: 12.12.2022

This chapter is literally the definition of a roller coaster.

Song: Post Malone - I Fall Apart (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

I was never good at sharing as a kid.

That was until I met Jacob and later, Lily.

They were my friends and as time went on and middle school bullies, mean girls, and fake friends came into the picture, I knew I could only count on them.

They were the only friends I needed. Jacob was on the same page, he wasn't a social butterfly either, but Lily was a completely different story.

While Jacob and I enjoyed staying in our little group, Lily branched out. It was fine by us, we still loved her and spent time with her.

Only now it wasn't with Lily the awkward ninth grader. It was Lily the captain of the soccer team, Lily the valedictorian and Lily the popular girl.

So when she had invited me to a sleepover she was having, I instantly wanted to shut her down, but stopped myself.

I needed to get out of the house and since Alessio wasn't home to stop me from leaving, I could.

I only really needed to convince Liam and Marco to let me go.

Liam was more difficult than usual. He didn't give into my puppy dog eyes, thus leaving me with no choice but to blackmail him.

It was simple, I told him if he didn't let me go, I would show Alessio the video I took of him playing dance dance revolution yesterday. And when Liam still didn't budge I followed up with telling him that I would tell Alessio about how a strange man had approached me and Liam was too preoccupied to help.

He instantly caved.

I wasn't actually going to tell Alessio anything. I wasn't talking to him, but Liam didn't know that.

Marco on the other hand was surprisingly lenient. He drove me to her house, told me I could only stay until midnight and when I wanted to leave, I had to call him to pick me up.

It wasn't ideal but I would take what I could get.

Only I wasn't enjoying myself at all.

I couldn't talk to Lily without hogging her from all her other friends, Jacob was in the same boat, except worse seeing as a few of the girls were terrible at hiding the crushes they had on the boy who wasn't interested in them, but more so their moms.

"Can we please get the fuck out of here?" Jacob nudges my side and I glance to the group of girls all chatting and laughing. Lily was trying her best to include me but I felt the disconnect between me and all her other friends.

I was tired of dragging her down and working twice as hard to fit in when I sensed I wasn't really wanted by anyone but her.

And so with some poor ass excuse, we left to have our own variation of a sleepover.