11 || The Other Woman

Edited: 04.25.2022

Song: Lana Del Ray - The Other Woman (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

"I need to ask something of you."

I turn in my seat, adjusting my school skirt as I curiously look up at Alessio, who had decided to drive me to school today.

He pulls up to the curb, his hand on the gear, putting it into park, before turning to look at me and I note just how delicious he look.

"I'm listening." I mumble distractedly, my attention moving to the sight of his veiny forearms beneath his folded up sleeves. It's probably why his next words catch me so off guard.

"I have a prospective business client I need to please. And I want you to accompany me to the next few event's he will be hosting. The first being a dinner party tomorrow." He explains, his brown eyes set on me.

My heart stops. No seriously it stops and all I can do is blink up at him before I force myself to speak.

Clearing my throat, I plaster a nonchalant look on my face. "You want me to go with you?" I ask, trying to keep the hope out of my voice. "Like just the two of us?" I had to make sure this wasn't a group thing where Liam and any other men would join us.

He nods, and I take a shaky breathe not even knowing how to process this. "Just me, you and my date."

And then it all comes crashing down as I look back towards him. His date?

"Your date?"

He nods. "Greta - her father, Arnold Gerald is the perspective business client. Her kid brother, he's about your age at sixteen." My teeth clamp together and my hands ball into fists. "He doesn't seem to enjoy the company of anyone, but I want you to befriend the boy so this deal can move along faster."

And then he stabs me in the heart and pushes the knife in deeper. Not only is he going with someone else as his date but this just proves he sees me as nothing but a kid.

Is that why he drove me to school? To ask for me to entertain his date's kid brother while he gets it on with her?

"And this date of yours... " I trail off, playing it cool. "I wasn't aware you had a girlfriend." I shrug trying to hide the anger from my face. But all I wanted to do was smash the windshield on his stupid Aston Martin.

"I don't see how this is relevant." His brows furrow as he glances at me. "But I don't have a girlfriend." He spits the world girlfriend like it's the craziest thing he's ever heard.

Okay good, I can work with that.

I breath out in relief. "So this date of yours is...?" I trail off needing to know who she is to him.

He still gives me a look like I'm asking the most ridiculous question but answers nonetheless. "Someone I'm concidering entertaining if it gets me somewhere with the business deal."

Of course. His reaction only solidifies what I already know and I don't exactly know how to feel about it.

Alessio doesn't do relationships.