47 || Runaway

Just some visuals for this chapter ^

Song: Frank Ocean - Nights (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

Jacob is a complete slob.

He doesn't put the toilet seat down, he doesn't bother to make his bed in the mornings, his bedroom floor is used as his closet and all he has in his fridge aside from all the energy drinks, is a carton of eggs.

It's gotten to the point where I'm concerned for his well being. I mean the only thing he's made me the past two days was scrambled eggs. We've had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner for two days straight now.

Don't get me wrong, I was grateful to have a place to stay on such short notice but this was nothing compared to the gourmet meals, maids and endless activities at the manor.

Granted Jacob's apartment was downtown and there were plenty of things to do around here, but there's only so many cafes and boutiques I can visit before I get bored.

Not to mention the constant presence of one of Alessio's men lurking wherever I went wasn't helping. They thought I didn't notice them but it was kind of hard to miss the six foot, decked out in black man following me everywhere I went.

I knew Alessio had sent men to trail me for security purposes, but he took it to a new extreme with the blacked out suv parked just outside the street watching over the apartment 24/7.

They switched shifts regularly but there is always someone watching. They first appeared a few hours after I arrived at Jacob's doorstep and haven't left since.

I knew Alessio would find me nor was I hiding from him. I was just fed up with his bullshit and that day was the last straw. But I am pleasantly surprised at how he hasn't come to force me back himself.

It made me feel a little better to know that although Alessio was capable of it, he wouldn't actually trap me with him against my will. Granted he wouldn't leave me alone but I knew it was taking everything in him not to come up here and drag me home with him.

I hadn't seen him since that day but I know he's seem me, watched me.

Like last night when I woke up in the middle of the night, thirsty. I grabbed a glass of water and walked out onto the terrace for some fresh air and when I looked down onto the street it wasn't a black SUV, it was a blacked out Audi R8.

One of Alessio's personal cars.

Jacob's apartment was only on the third floor, thus giving me a good view of the empty street and although the windows were all blacked out, I could just feel it.

His eyes were on me, trailing me, yet he didn't once make a move to say anything or push anything. He simply watched me.

I started growing nervous under his stare and instantly walked back into the flat, only allowing myself to think about it the next morning and by the time I went out to check for him again, he was gone and in his place was the same SUV from before.

As creepy as it was, I felt all warm inside knowing that Alessio wasn't going to be a hot headed brute and drag me back home.