06 || Crush Culture

Edited: 04.16.2022

Song: crush culture - Conan Grey (slow + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

Alessio drives me to school that next morning and I'm thoroughly surprised, yet I'm definitely not complaining.

I don't know what made him change his mind, but I can't help the rush of excitement at the fact that he might actually be warming up to me.

I still can't get a good read on him, nor have I ever caught him glancing at me with any desire or interest. And I briefly wonder if it's because I'm not his type or if I'm not attractive enough.

The little bits of attention I've received from him are all relatively polite and all the affection is initiated by me.

He has yet to show any signs of liking me.

"I'm relatively attractive right?" I question out loud playing with the fries on my lunch tray.

"Fishing for compliments and it's only what...." Jacob checks his phone. "Noon?" He sends me a sarcastic smile from across the lunch table.

Picking up a fry I flick it at the idiots forehead, it drops to the ground but he picks it up and slips it into his mouth anyways.

"Gross." Lily and I both scrunch up our faces.

Lily is sat next to Jacob and she turns to me with an eye roll. "To answer your question. Yes. Extremely." She emphasizes.

I sigh and shake my head. "Not to women. Through the women's gaze, yes, I am attractive but I'm talking about through the male gaze." I reply seriously, needing to figure this out.

I never stopped to question the fact that I might not be as attractive as I always thought myself to be. Was it because all the men that flattered me seemed to be under my league and Alessio was out of it?

Jacob purses his lips and leans back in his chair crossing his arms and looking at me in thought. "Well you got a big ass, nice big tits, small waist, childlike face with fuck me eyes. You're extremely fuckable... So yes. I would say you're attractive -looking at it through the male gaze." He observes.

Ignoring the disturbing fact that men tend find childlike features attractive I purse my lips.

Perhaps Alessio was simply too out of my league for he didn't even remotely look at me with any sort of attraction or lust.

"Why the need for male validation or approval? Gia you're not an insecure girl. What's wrong?" Lily observes, studying me and I sigh knowing she's right.

Within the short time of knowing Alessio, he has made me extremely insecure - something I vowed to never let anyone let alone a man do.

"Shes just bummed cause her new daddy won't fuck her." Jacob chimes in, shrugging off the glare I send his way. "What? It's true."

"Fuck off, it's not like that." I spit back.

"Are you sure you're not only interested because you know you can't have him?" Lily says, ignoring Jacob-something we've learned is a must with being around the idiot.