05 || Patatino

Edited: 04.12.2022

Song: pride is the devil -J. Cole (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Alessio

I woke up hot.

I only ever slept in a pair of sweatpants and kept the temperature at a cool sixty degrees Fahrenheit.

Which meant that someone had turned the heat up on my floor.

Now, I wasn't an irrational man. But I had rules, one of which, stated that no one was to touch the fucking thermostat.

I grab my phone off the nightstand and call the head maid. "Is the air conditioning broken?" I ask.

She fumbles and stutters and it only makes my sour mood worse. "No-"

"Then why is it so hot on my floor?" I wasn't normally this ill tempered, but my days have been throw off since a blue eyed teenage girl stormed into my home.

"Oh, I believe that was Giana, Sir. She had altered the temperature last night. Complaining about the cold."

My jaw tightens. "Very well. That's all." I say, before disconnecting the call and forcing my temper down with a cold morning shower.

But even that doesn't help.

That girl has been getting on my nerves.

What I thought would be a minor inconvenience at best has turned out to be Giana - granted unknowingly - making my life a lot harder.

She's spoiled, needy, bratty and has absolutely no boundaries.

These were all things that Liam had informed me would take a little getting use to. But he underestimated her ability to piss me off.

I killed the last man that pissed me off.

But I couldn't do that with her. Nor could I really say anything in fear of upsetting her.

I - Alessio Galanti, now had to sit around and worry about upsetting a nineteen year old brat, who desperately needed some sense knocked into her.

I'm not a man who just likes to sit around and take it.

But then I think about her mamá. Laura.

She was loyal, hardworking and apart of my Famiglia. Our ties were stronger than blood. And the one thing she'd requested of me was to take care of Giana if anything were to happen to her. 

I'd given her my word. And I was never one to break a promise.

I try to rid the terrible mood by looking on the bright side of things.

Giana could be sweet and mean well. She was young and her behaviour was mostly my fault. Giana was treated like a Princess and my money was making sure of it.

I was indirectly fueling the fire by spoiling her all these years. I just hadn't realized the true consequences of my actions.

She's nineteen - old enough to know better, yet the sheltered life we provided her had messed up her chances of independence.

Not to mention the amount of affection and attention she craved. It still threw me off.