08 || Monsters In My Room

Edited: 04.17.2022

Song: Giveon - world we created (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Giana

Liam was the equivalent of  a sumo wrestler in his sleep. Which was why when I woke up and noticed that he was in bed next to me with his disgusting foot in my face, I wasn't surprised.

I wanted Alessio to stay and hold me, but he must have left when Liam came back.

The events of last night came flooding back to me and I breifly wondered what Alessio did to those men.

I debate asking, but think better of it when I realize how slim the chances of Alessio - a Don - letting them go unscathed are.

Alessio was a calm and rational man for someone in the criminal world, but that was only becasue his vile side was hidden and only came out at times it needed to be.

Breakfast was served later on weekends, giving me enough time to get ready and cover up the faint bruises with concealer. And by the time I make it into the room, I'm the last one at the table.

I walk in the room and instantly feel the everyone's eyes snap to me. Many of the men came by earlier to ask me how I was, one anonymous one even leaving a small bag of gummy bears in my room - the same ones I knew Marco hid from everyone else.

I was grateful that they were all so concerned about me. It made me feel better to know they were all watching out for me.

Walking towards my usual seat, I stop by Liam giving him a peck on the cheek before I casually move towards Alessio and place a quick one against his cheek, before taking my seat inbetween them.

My heart feels like it's going to explode and when I look over at Alessio, who shows no sign of acknowledgment nor discomfort.

He simply continues eating.

Progress.

Despite my insides going haywire, I reimagined calm and begin to arrange my food on my plate.

"How do you feel?" Comes Alessio's voice from next to me.

"A bit sore."

Alessio nods, bringing his hand up to rub his jaw as he looks up from his plate in thought. "I'll have someone come give you a massage."

Could you do it?

I smile at him. "No thank you. I don't really feel like being touched by a stranger right now."

He sends me a single nod in what I can assume is understanding. "Of course. If there's anything you need, you'll talk to me, yes?"

I meet his gaze, nodding as my cheeks tint as he continues staring at me, the eye contact strangely intimate. I look away first, clearing my throat and changing the subject."What's everyone up to today? Could someone take me to the beach?" I ask glancing around the table.

Liam is the first to speak up, "Most of us are leaving for business this afternoon and won't be back. Maybe you could have a friend over instead of leaving?" He suggests and my stomach sinks at the thought of being alone in this big house.