Chapter 2: The Start of Something Great

After Shouto collapsed into Deku's arms, there was a moment where he was too shocked to move. I mean, a hero just showed up on his doorstep. He could've easy been captured. And was he that easy to find?

He shook his head. No, he was pretty sure Shouto wouldn't do that. They weren't on the same side, but he didn't think that would be something the other boy would do. It took him another minute to process the situation.

The realization that he should probably get off the street hit him a few seconds later. Making sure they were alone outside, he dragged the unconscious hero into his house, poking his head out the door before locking it behind him.

The thought of leaving the hero on the street didn't even cross his mind as he carried him to the couch, laying him down gently and covering his form with a blanket. Sure, Deku was a villain, but he wasn't heartless after all.

Besides, he and Shouto were friends, and this is what friends are supposed to do, right? And also, Shouto's words from before made him concerned. Did he really have nowhere else to go? Was this his last resort, or had there been no other option all along?

Deku bit his lip worriedly, studying the sleeping figure carefully. What was actually going on with the boy? There was something he was hiding. He sighed, running a hand through his tangled green curls. It wasn't really his business. He'd find out eventually.

Deku decided to leave him be for now, not even bothering to clean Shouto's wounds in case he woke him and spooked him off. He tiptoed instead to the kitchen, picking up his phone from the kitchen, as he poured himself some liquor, scrolling through his messages.

He sipped on the liquid, looking through his unfinished tasks. He glanced around the corner at the sleeping man. Well, it's not like he was waking any time soon, so he had some time to kill. Better make use of it.

Finishing off his glass, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and headed back to finish getting dressed. He straightened his tie and vest, pulling on a long, black, hooded coat and a pair of white gloves.

Glancing in the mirror and at the unconscious hero once more, he snuck out the back door, locking it behind him.

x-x-x-x

When Deku returned, it was in the wee hours of the morning. It was still dark outside, most of the city still fast asleep. Shouto was still knocked out cold on the couch, so Deku took the time to deposit of his, now red, gloves and clean his knives.

He also took a shower again, wiping away all the remaining traces of the night's activities. He decided to skip the villain attire, pulling on a soft green hoodie instead along with a pair of grey sweatpants. He was in his own home after all. He left his hair to dry on its own, the unruly green curls already fluffing up at the top of his head.

He headed downstairs, grabbing his first aid kit on the way. It was about time the boy started waking up anyways. He made his way downstairs quietly, stopping by the kitchen to grab a glass of water before heading to the living room.

He found the bi-colored boy slowly dragging his eyelids open, blinking blearily into space. After a few seconds he seemed to realize where he was, trying to push himself up on his elbows, hissing in pain.

Deku quickly dropped the stuff on the table, hurrying over into Shouto's view "hey hey, it's okay. You're okay. Lay back down, don't hurt yourself."

Shouto blinked at him wide eyed a few times before obeying, slowly lowering himself back down onto the cushions.

Deku sighed in relief that he hadn't put up a fight grabbing the glass of water, and handing it to the hero "here, drink some, it'll make you feel better."