Chapter 16: Jealously Clingy

That morning was slightly awkward. Shouto kept apologizing awkwardly, while Izuku did his best to just brush off his apologies with a smile.

They were back at the league after that, chatting with the others as they put their own little problem out of mind. Izuku had been slightly more distant around him that morning, not that Shouto blamed him. He could tell that he himself still wasn't really his usual self.

It didn't go unnoticed by Touya either, if the way he kept looking between them was a pointer. Shouto did his best to avoid contact or looking in his direction at all, crossing his fingers that Touya would get the message and keep his mouth shut.

It seemed it worked, as he didn't say anything, and went Toga went to bother them, he directed her away. Shigaraki took one look at them and started muttering under his breath about something, turning fully away from them so that his back faced them instead.

Kess was the last one to come in.

She ignored the whole tense atmosphere, instead dragging her feet over to where Izuku sat and plopped into his lap.

Shouto couldn't help but scowl, earned an amused raised eyebrow from Touya.

Izuku pulled at a curly strand of hair "since when is your hair curly? And,...puffy?" She huffed, sliding down in her human seat "since never. The boys managed to make a few tiny braids in my hair and I fell asleep in them. This is how my hair reacts."

Toga patted the floofy top "well, at least its not a failed perm or a literal afro this time." Kess raised tired eyes at her "it basically was. This is half a bottle of anti-frizz and hairspray, plus a lot of brushing." she sighed "its just gonna have to deflate on its own."

Toga pouted sympathetically, trying to brush out the frizzy waves with her fingers.

Izuku rested his chin on top of her head "how'd you sleep?" An exhausted sigh was all they needed to know.

Shouto pouted to himself as he leaned back with crossed arms. Of course, sucks that her morning was going bad and she didn't get enough sleep again. But here she was, barging in and grabbing all of Izuku's attention, getting all into his personal space.

Touya wiggled his eyebrows at him with a knowing look, making him scowl harder.

Izuku and Kess were whispering between each other, Kess giggling cheekily while Izuku pulled her dinosaur hood low over her face. He patted her waist, moving to stand "up. Bathroom."

Kess obediently switched seats to Toga's lap, the older girl wrapping her arms around her waist. As soon as Izuku left the room, all eyes turned on Shouto.

He blinked "what?"

Touya smirked at him "oh you know what."

Kess smiled cheekily "ok, is it just me, or is Shouto acting super jealous? Like, overprotectively clingy?"

"Huh?!??"

Toga grinned "nope, I noticed it too!! Sho-chan here wants Izu-chan all for himself!"

Shouto turned bright red "HUH??!??"

Touya grinned "oh please. Its so obvious. Every time Kess or Toga is near him you go all 'my precious'. Even though you know there's absolutely nothing going on."

Shouto frowned "tha-that's not true!"

Touya rolled his eyes "fine, me and Shigs will try to, see if you have a reaction." Shouto went to argue but Izuku was already coming back in the room and heading for his seat.

Everyones mouths snapped closed and they turned to smile at Izuku as he sat down. He eyed them all suspiciously but didn't say anything.

Touya grinned at Shouto as he stood up "I'm gonna go get a drink. 'Zuku, want anything?" Izuku nodded, and Touya left for their drinks.