Chapter 18: Hangover Casseroles

Deku comes home a bit late, once the sun had already set and the stars had come out. They had a few little businesses to take care of, and he couldn't help but feel a little glad that Shouto hadn't been able to come along.

It had gotten quite messy, something the inexperienced would most likely not been able to handle. Heck, even Kess had to step out once it got too far for her, and she's been doing this for a few years now.

Deku wasn't saying that Shouto wouldn't be able to handle it, but it was probably not exactly one of the best places to start this new lifestyle.

He sighed as he walked into their home shedding his bloody hooded cloak by the door and kicking off his bright red shoes. He tiptoed quietly through the room, peeking over the back of the couch to see Shouto passed out with phone in hand.

Shaking his head with a little smile, he carefully placed a blanket over top of him, before going upstairs to clean and disinfect his knives and clothes. Once the silver blades are polished, he carefully stashes them once again, throwing his clothes in the hamper. He takes a quick shower, just to get rid of the last of the dirt, grime and dried blood.

He shakes out the water clinging to his hair as he heads downstairs, finding Shouto sitting awake on the couch blinking blearily. Deku chuckles, ruffling his mismatched hair as he plunks onto the seat across "welcome back sleepy head. How was your day? Feeling good?"

Shouto groaned in response, rubbing at his face "I'm gonna kill Touya when I see him again."

Deku giggles, stretching his legs out in front of him "oh c'mon, you wouldn't actually kill him. And," he raises an amused eyebrow "it doesn't seem it was all bad, considering yesterday?"

Shouto freezes, turning red in a full body flush as he groans again, burying his face in his hands while Deku cackles "I don't even remember anything. Had to scroll through the group chat."

Deku raises an eyebrow, mouth ticking up in a smirk "oh? Nothing at all? What'd you think of the pictures and vids then?" Shouto grumbled unintelligently into his arms making Deku snicker "did you eat by the way?"

Shouto nodded after a moment "I had some of your casserole before I fell asleep again."

Deku headed for the kitchen "oh? And how was it?"

Shouto could hear the hopeful note in his voice making him smirk into his arms "eh, I guess it was edible."

There was an affronted gasp making him snicker. "You liar!! It was good!! I know it was! Admit it!!"

Shouto laughed, finally raising his head, along with his arms in mock surrender "alright, alright, fine. It was good, it was really good." He smiled crookedly up at him "you're good cook Izuku."

Deku flushed.

Shouto smirked slyly "at times."

Deku shoved his face away to cover his blush "you little shit."

Shouto laughed "oh c'mon, we all know you're a master chef in cereal, and toast, and-" He was cut off by a pillow to the face.

Shouto just grinned as he continued, dancing away from reach "and frozen pizzas, and hot pockets, and instant ramen-" he broke off into a laugh, dodging a pillow flung at him.

Deku grabbed another pillow "shut up you, we can't all be master chef Gordon Ramsey like you."

Shouto chuckled, throwing the pillow back "oh please, you flatter me."

Deku narrowed his eyes, a playfully dangerous smile curling his lips as he jumped over the back of the couch and towards Shouto who let out a little shriek before bolting away. They chased each other all around the floor, flinging pillows and insults at each other until they both collapsed to the floor in exhaustion.