Chapter 14: The Death of a "Hero"

The next day, the fateful day arrived.

No one even bothered meeting up at the bar, everyone heading to their assigned spots once the time came.

Izuku bounced from foot to foot in excitement as he locked the door behind them as they stepped on the street "ohh, I can't wait. This is finally happening." He grinned up at Shouto with bright eyes "you must be fucking ecstatic!!!"

Shouto grinned crookedly back "you cannot even imagine." T

hey headed to the rendezvous to meet Dabi, Izuku chattering excitedly as they walked.

Kess and Toga had already headed out for their half of the mission, with Shigaraki and Kurogiri waiting on standby. Twice had his clones on the ready if they would be needed, though they hoped it wouldn't get to that.

Everyone was either just arriving in their spots or on standby, meanwhile Kess and Toga were getting the first part of the plan underway.

Kess sighed for what seemed like the millionth time as she watched Toga circle the unconscious news anchor like a predator over their prey "Toga, honey, I've told you like twenty times already. We can't kill him."

Toga pouted, lightly tracing the skin of the man with the tip of her blade "but why? And why did you have to knock him out? Wouldn't me cutting him up be enough?"

Kess rubbed at her temples "we need to cause as little of a scene as possible. That's why he's knocked out and not being tortured by you."

Toga pouted again, about to argue, being cut off by Kess' loud groan. She pressed the button on her earpiece before whining "Shigs, you explain to her why he's knocked out and not being tortured to death."

There was a loud slurp in response and nothing else.

Kess grumbled to herself as she faced Toga once again "'Miko, baby, you want some of his blood to store right?" Toga nodded excitedly. "Good. And we're probably gonna need it too. But that blood won't do shit if the person it belongs to is dead!! People won't let you anywhere, because other than if he somehow resurrected, everyone would already know he's fucking dead!!"

Toga pouts in thought, watching the man before looking back up "but I can take as much as I want without killing him, right?"

Kess sighed once again I guess. Just be quick, his shift, aka yours, starts in half an hour."

Toga grinned, and got to work filling her vails, gushing excitedly about how good he looked in blood all the while.

Kess draped herself over her shoulders as she worked, smooshing their cheeks together as she watched the process "you think everything will go according to plan?"

Toga nodded "I'm sure of it!! And if anything, I know Izu-chan, Tomu-chan, and Twice-chan won't let anything happen." Kess hummed, hoping she was right.

At the same time, Izuku and Shouto had reached the meeting place, Izuku going inside to clear the way and get rid of anyone who would interfere, leaving Shouto and Dabi alone to prepare themselves.

Dabi grinned at Shouto "So? How does it feel to be able to get revenge after all these years?"

Shouto grinned "pretty amazing. What about you?"

Dabi's grin took on a malicious intent, eyes gleaming dangerously as he cracked his knuckles "fucking fantastic. I'm finally gonna be able to get him back not only for me, but for you, and mom, and Natsuo, and Fuyumi. For all of us."

He shook Shouto's shoulder in excitement "Shouto, we're finally gonna be free!!"

"Free" Shouto whispered to himself, looking hopeful. T