Chapter 19: French Toast

Kess wakes up carefully settled on a bed in the guest room of Tooru and Mio's apartment. It had been Mio's before, when Tooru and him werent in a relationship yet.

She groans as she stretches, wincing at the soreness in her joints and muscles and the scattered bruises all over her body. She blinks her eyes, squinting at the light peeking from between the blinds. At least her hearing and vision seemed to be back.

Kicking away the covers, she plopped down om bare feet, clad in Katsuki's oversized hoodie and Kai's boxers. Padding out of the room and down the hall, she found Tooru cooking in the kitchen, with Mio curled up in a ball on the couch reading a book.

Tooru was a tall, beautiful man, broad shouldered and muscled, though still slim, with gorgeous chocolate sideswept locks and hazel eyes.

Mio on the other hand, was a tiny little thing, slightly pale complexion with a smattering of light freckles dusting his cheeks and nose, big round green eyes and dark wavy hair. He had been slightly anorexic when they ran away, though Tooru and Mei made sure to take care of that, feeding Mio until he was slightly plumpy and fully satisfied.

Kess skipped over to the couch plopping down beside Mio and giving him a good morning kiss on the forehead "mornin' sunshine! Watchu reading?" He tilted the book so she could see the cover. "Ohh, is that the sequel to that other one? Is it good?"

Mio flushed happily, nodding excitedly as he started signing about the characters and the resolve to the previous books mysteries. Kess chuckled, raising her hands "woah, easy there!! A little too fast, I'm not at that level yet." He flushed again, signing a meek 'sorry. Got excited.'

She waved him off with a smile "nono, all good. I'm gonna have to check the book out later though. If its got your stamp of approval, it must be good." He hid a little smile behind his hand before pointing to her 'how're your eyes and ears?'

"Well," she covered and uncovered an ear "seems to me like its all fine. Hopefully. Tooru didn't have any side effects, did he?" Mio shook his head, and Kess let out a breath of relief.

The door to the apartment opened and in wobbled Mei wrapped in a robe as she covered her yawn with a hand. Eyes closed, she plopped down onto the couch with the two of them, stretching out her long limbs.

Kess giggled, twirling an auburn lock around her finger "I love when you're all sleepy and forget about being all dainty and 'lady-like'."

Mei just grumbled into her shoulder in response.

Kess giggled again, Mio covering his mouth in a silent laugh.

"Oh, is Mei here already?"

Kess nudged her head, getting a groan in response. "Somewhat," she snickered back "not fully here yet."

Tooru strolled into the room, platter in his hands filled with French toast, coffee, juice for Mio, and an assortment of fruits. He set it on the coffee table in front of them, picking up Mio before sitting down in his spot and placing him on his lap.

"Aren't they just the cutest Mei?" Kess cooed, poking Mei in the stomach. The girl pushed away from her, sick of her prodding, curling up with a pillow on the other end of the couch.

"Noooo," Kess wailed "come back, you're so warm!!! I want cuddles!!" Mio snickered into his palm, Tooru just rolling his eyes with a small smile as he handed out their breakfast.

All throughout breakfast, Mio and Kess teamed up, poking Mei with their toes until she finally gave in and joined them again. As more caffeine entered her system, the more she became like her normal self, sitting up straighter, holding herself differently.