Chapter 10: Wings

As soon as Shouto stepped into the back room through the curtains, he paused to let out a little gasp as he looked around.

The small rooms walls were covered in drawings and sketches, some of them in vibrant colors, other in plain black ink. It looked absolutely stunning.

He took a few moments to slowly turn in a small circle, taking in all the different types of designs. After a moment too long, he finally noticed the leather chair in the middle of the room, a smirking man standing beside it as he polished his needles.

"First time in a place like this?" the man asked him. Shouto nodded, not attempting to speak.

The man cocked is head to look him over, before placing the needle down on a small table, wiping his hands "you're with Deku-kun, right?" he extended a hand towards him "I'm Kaoru."

Shouto shook his hand, taking a second to look him over. His arms were covered with colorful designs, and his face and ears were scattered with well-placed piercings. His hair was a vibrant pink, tips standing on end, with a star shaved on the side.

"I'm Shouto."

Kaoru nodded at him with a smile and gestured towards the seat. Shouto took a moment to pull off his hat and mask, as well as his sunglasses, before taking a seat, eyes still flicking around the room.

Kaoru raised his eyebrow "Deku said you came for piercings, but it looks like you've got your eye on something else, eh?"

Shouto snapped his eyes back to him "oh, uh, no, I'll just stick to a few piercings for now. Maybe later."

Kaoru shrugged "suit yourself"

Shouto looked back at the designs "did you draw these?" Kaoru nodded "yup. Sketch them out in my free time."

Shouto took a heavy breath "they're beautiful."

Kaoru glanced at him, before huffing a laugh "thanks. Here," he set a book in Shouto's lap "you can look through that to come up with what you want. Unless you've already got some ideas?"

Shouto shook his head, flipping through the pages "no, this is good, thanks. Actually," he hesitated for a second "do you have any ideas for me?"

Kauro hummed, stepping close to examine him. He took his chin in his hand, turning his face this way and that to get a better idea. Shouto flushed under the scrutiny.

"Eyebrow" Kauro said after a minute, stepping back as he tapped Shouto's right eyebrow.

Shouto reached up to rub at his eyebrow with a frown "why's everyone rooting so much for an eyebrow piercing." Kaoru tilted his head "well, a face piercing is kind of hardcore for a first time. Perhaps if you just shave a small slit in it?"

He nodded with a smile "yeah, honestly that would maybe even look better. Though we don't do that here, so you'd have to do it on your own time."

Shouto let out a relieved sigh. He had honestly been kind of scared of getting a piercing on his face.

Kaoru rubbed at his chin in thought "alright well, we can start easy, perhaps with lobes then? Deku and Kess have doubles, but I think one would do just fine for you. If they're chunky it'd be even better."

He tilted his head "and then maybe helixes. Or maybe industrial? Nah, you'd do good with helixes."

Shouto glanced at the photos in the book of the mentioned piercings, and then at Kaoru's ears. He nodded "alright, lobes, and then a helix on the right, and two on the left."