Chapter 23: Meeting the Past

"Eeuugh," Izuku stretched out with a groan "another lazy night of movies and takeout."

"Hey, I offered to make something, you were the one to stand firm on the decision of takeout" Shouto reasoned, placing another bowl on the coffee table in front of them before plopping down beside him.

Izuku smiled lazily at him, leaning his head on the backrest "and I'm not complaining."

Shouto turned away quickly, hiding his pink cheeks.

"Shouto?"

He cleared his throat hurriedly "I'm good. Just got something in my eye." Picking up the remote he started scrolling through Netflix "any preferences?"

Izuku shrugged, crossing his arms behind his head "anything is good. You choose?"

Shouto hummed, scrolling through another list "I never spent much time watching anything. When I was little we weren't allowed, and then there was just no time for movies."

Izuku frowned, well that won't work at all, no. We're gonna have to fix that." He leaned over grabbing the remote from Shouto, scrolling back up to the kids section "please tell me you've at least watched a Disney movie once."

Shouto scrunched his nose in thought "once. Before mom was taken away, we watched the little mermaid while father was at work."

Izuku nodded in appreciation "a classic."

Shouto smiled softly "she said it was her favourite."

Izuku hummed, scrolling through the list until he found one with a picture of an ice princess on the front, turning to Shouto with a grin.

Shouto shot him a deadpan look "just the amount of times I heard 'let it go' gives that a big no."

Izuku grinned "awe c'mon. Its about you!! I can totally see you prancing on a big frozen mountain, throwing snowflakes this way and that while singing about leaving your past behind."

Shouto raised his eyebrow "and you're gonna be the sister chasing after me to convince me life isn't so bad?"

Izuku sighed dramatically, throwing his hand back against his forehead "if I must. And then you'll freeze my heart but then I'll end up saving everyone in the end before a dramatic death."

Shouto gasps mockingly "woah, spoilers."

Izuku scoffed "oh please, you know everything that happens by now with how much knowledge you're showing."

Shouto shrugged "lucky guess? I haven't watched it."

Izuku's eyes twinkled "wanna know what happens next?"

Shouto shrugged again "why not."

Izuku threw his arms out with a grin "and then the power of love and friendship will make everything better. The end!!"

Shouto chuckled, shaking his head "why am I not surprised."

Izuku bit back a smile "so what ya say? Wanna watch it?"

Shouto huffed a laugh "why? You've already told me everything that happens."

Izuku clicked his tongue "damn you're right. Alright, another one then." They scrolled a little longer before Izuku let out a frustrated noise "I don't know. They're all so good."

Shouto stared at the list "well,... isn't Lion King supposed to be a classic?"

Izuku's eyes slowly widened before he let out a splutter, choking on his laughter "oh my god, yes, please."

Shouto raised his eyebrow "what?"

Izuku grinned waving away his worries "oh you know, just that Simba ends up getting his father killed. Reminded me of you. Except here it was a bad thing he died."