Chapter 6: Don't belong in this Society

Shouto wakes up with a note to him on the coffee table beside the couch.

It takes a few tries for him to open his eyes and push himself up into a sitting position. God, Izuku was right in the fact that he should probably went to sleep in his bed instead.

The couch was comfortable, but a whole night sleeping on the couch was,.... not the best experience for his body.

He stretched with a groan, popping his joints, before finally picking up the note.

He rubbed his eyes with a yawn as he read it over 'out for a quick errand! Be back by noon, then we can head to the league together! Won't be too long!! -Deku :D'.

Shouto smiled down at the cute little smiley Izuku had scribbled out, pocketing the note as he got up.

Well.

It was half past 10, so he still had some time to kill. A shower was probably needed.

Shouto rubbed at his face, trying to wake himself up more as he trudged to the bathroom, gathering a fresh change of clothes and a clean towel. The cold water from the shower woke him up fully, and he quickly changed the temperature to warm.

The warm water felt nice on his skin as he rinsed the shampoo out of his hair, lathering on the body soap with a sponge. Once he finished his shower, he finished back downstairs in a fresh pair of sweats, a towel draped over his shoulders.

He glanced at the clock. It was only a little past 11. Still had enough time.

Shouto took his time brewing coffee and making breakfast, enough for two (more like four) in case Izuku was hungry.

He hummed as he plated his food, glancing again at the clock.

Almost 12.

Izuku should be here soon.

Might as well wait for him. Shouto covered the food to make sure it wouldn't get cold, placing Izuku's favorite mug next to the other plate.

He smiled to himself imagining what Izuku's response would be. He'd probably get super excited about the idea of food, though he'd pretend to scold Shouto for making so much and waiting for him.

Shouto smiled to himself. Yeah, that'd probably be how it'd go.

Shouto stared at the clock as he sipped his coffee.

12 came and went.

Shouto poured himself another cup. Maybe he was just running late.

Once it reached 1, Shouto had drank 3 cups of coffee and eaten his plateful.

It was already an hour and a half past noon, the food was already cold, and it seemed like there was no point waiting anymore. Shouto packed up and put away the uneaten food, pouring the coffee in a thermos for later.

He washed the dishes and dried them, putting them all away. He tidied the living room and folded the blankets, the whole time anxiously glancing at the time.

Once he was out of things to do, he couldn't handle waiting anymore.

Izuku was supposed to be home two hours ago by now, and Shouto was worried. He didn't even have Izuku's phone number, so he couldn't even text or call him to ask him where he was.

It didn't take him long to make up his mind to go out for him. Sure, Izuku had said to wait for him, but he had also said that he'd be back by noon.

The only problem was that Shouto didn't even know where to look.

Sure, he could just wander the streets until he found him, but that didn't seem like the greatest idea. He could go to the league instead, ask if they knew where Izuku was. Maybe they'd help him look.