Chapter 8: Food Buddy's

Shouto woke up with his head in his folded arms, bent over a table. He lifted his head wearily to find Izuku fast asleep on the table in the seat across, and Kess still draped over his left side.

Sleepily, Shouto pushed himself slowly up into a sitting position, rubbing wearily at his eyes with a yawn. He blinked around the empty bar, trying to figure out what time it was, and how long he'd been out.

He was also curious about when Izuku had managed to get there, though he probably just came here right after not finding Shouto at home. Shouto wondered what his reaction was, and what his reaction would be when he woke up.

He'd most definitely get an ear full.

Though Shouto had quite a few questions for him too.

For example,...why hadn't he told him he'd saved Kess? That was a pretty big thing, if you ask him, and Shouto felt like he probably deserved to know. He'd also like to know about his story.

Kess had trusted him with hers pretty soon after they'd just met, but Shouto still felt like he barely knew anything about Izuku. Perhaps he'd tell him if he asked? Probably at least worth a shot.

Shouto stretched his arms above his head, letting out a little groan as his joints popped. That was the moment Izuku chose to lift his head, blinking his squinted eyes blearily at him.

Shouto smiled softly, dropping his arms back into his lap "good morning." Izuku made a sleepy little noise, trying to rub the sleep from his eyes.

Shouto tried to fight off the smile twitching at his lips.

Cute.

Izuku finally seemed to get himself together, smacking his cheeks a few times to try to wake up, yawning as he stretched. He smacked his lips contently once he dropped his arms, looking back to Shouto "iss mornin' already?"

Shouto hummed a sleepy affirmative, still somewhat unresponsive from just waking up.

Shigaraki walked in on them like that, both slouching over the table looking half asleep. He made a disgusted face, clicking his tongue as he took a sip of coffee from his mug.

Izuku sniffed the air, eyes still closed, and seeming to smell the scent of fresh coffee, turned in Shigaraki's direction, making grabby hands "gimme, gimme."

Shigaraki just sipped even louder on his coffee, looking entirely unimpressed.

Izuku whined loudly, urgently stretching his hands out with the grabby motion "gimmeeee!!"

The man seemed to consider if it was worth it, when Izuku let out another whine, and Shigaraki grimaced, finally handing the mug over.

Izuku let out a pleased noise, wrapping his fingers around the cup, letting the steam warm his face. He let out a happy sigh before taking a sip. He hummed happily, grin wide on his face "ah, I love it when you make coffee Shiggs. Nothing like getting a little buzz in the system this early in the morning. Tastes like perfection."

Shigaraki grunted, turning back around "half of it isn't even coffee."

Izuku hummed again "perfection" he repeated.

Shouto looked at the two in confusion "what's the rest of it then?"

"Tequila" Shigaraki answered before disappearing through the doorway.

Shouto raised his eyebrows at Izuku, who just slurped his coffee loudly with a huge grin on his face. Shouto shook his head with a sigh as he reached for the coffee.