Chapter 12: Unrepentant Moochers

A slammed door and heavy stomps announced Izuku's arrival the next morning. There was tired petulant expression on his face as he sulked into the bar, an apologetic Shouto hurrying in after him.

He waved at everyone when he saw their stares "Hi guys! Sorry, we stayed up late watching Netflix and then I guess he couldn't sleep? Just don't mind him."

Dabi whistled as Izuku flopped down into the seat across from him "wow. Someone's grumpy."

Izuku raised his angry face towards him "fucking birds. Why the fuck are they so fucking horny at three in the fucking morning and why the fuck does everyone have to fucking know about it?!??" He waved his arms as he spoke "I get horny too, but I'm not going at ass o'clock screeching bloody murder!!"

He paused, a contemplative expression coming over his face "shit, maybe I should actually try that."

He turned to Kess, sitting across from him next to Dabi "just imagine. Middle of the night. Everything's silent, everyone's asleep. No one:. Absolutely no one:. Me at Satans hour, fucking screeching."

Kess giggled "the poor unfortunate soul that's still awake like: ah shit, there's another one!"

The two laughed, high fiving over the table.

Shouto turned tiredly to Dabi "at least he's not cursing everyone's and everything's existence anymore." Dabi chuckled, taking a sip of whatever strong-smelling liquid was in his cup. Shouto scrunched his nose but didn't comment.

After a moment, Shigaraki walked into the room with a rolled up paper "all right hoes, time to work."

Dabi looked around the room "no Twice and Toga?"

Shigaraki waved his hand "I can barely handle you four, I don't need more idiots."

Dabi rolled his eyes as he slumped in his seat "no fair. Might as well have let me stay home too."

Shigaraki sighed tiredly, placing the paper on the table "I should have. I mean look at you. You're just an overgrown child."

Dabi scoffed, cocking his eyebrow "oh please, mister I-stay-inside-all-day-playing-video-games-and-eating-junk-food."

Shigaraki sneered at him "oh yeah? Well-"

"Children, children. Please. Let's settle down." Both snaped their heads to Izuku "Says you!!"

Shouto groaned, rubbing at his temples, Kess giving the other three unimpressed looks as they fired off insult after insult. Kess turned toward him with a tired look "wanna go get food?"

Shouto nodded with a dead look in return "please. Just let's get out of here." They both slipped out unnoticed while the other three yelled, and shouted at each other, offering a small wave to Kurogiri and getting a nod in return as they left.

As soon as they left, both sighed in relief "ahhh silence." Kess giggled, looking up at him "what's it like living with that?" Shouto gave her an unimpressed look "exhausting."

She laughed, Shouto joining in, as they walked down the street.

She sighed "oh man. I know I'm a handful, with my anxiety, and emotional baggage, and everything else, but I don't have to deal with myself. Well, I do, but not like others. My boyfriends are mostly calmer than me at home, so I'm the one getting attention and being pampered. YOU, on the other hand, have to deal with THAT tornado over there."

Shouto chuckled "its honestly not that bad once you get used to it. I enjoy it even."

Kess shrugged "welp, to all his own I guess."