XVI. THE WOLF OF WALL STREET

"So explain to me why we're flying commercial?" Alec asked, shoving our luggage into his car.

"Because I rather not end up like Aaliyah and Jenni Rivera. RIP, by the way." I replied.

"Right, and I'm obligated to come because?"

"Because my mother said the next time she see's me she wants me to be with a man. And I told my brother I met a guy, but I didn't get to finish so he too thinks I'm with someone."

He acts like he's not going to enjoy himself, like come on, no one ever has a bad time with me, I'm Valentina Morales.

"Okay, and-"

"No more questions." I interrupted, climbing into his car and buckling the seat belt. Safety first kids.

"I tell you what to do, not vice versa. I already let you book commercial tickets, don't get too cocky."

"We're flying first class Alec! But if you wanna ride your private jet so goddamn bad, by all means go ahead."

He cries so much I swear.

"You didn't have to yell at me!" He pouted, pulling the car out of the spot.

Oh my god. He was never this annoying, was he? I can't do this, especially when it's not even past 6 am.

"I'm your boyfriend now you know? You should be giving me head right now, not being all cranky."

He sounds like Max.

"I don't recall you asking me to be your girlfriend." I pointed out.

"Fine. Valentina will you be my girlfriend?"

Even though I knew this was fake, my heart skipped a beat and a silly grin was tugging at my lips.

"I guess." I answered, turning to look out the window so he wouldn't see the goofy smile on my face.

"You know I've always wanted a Wolf of Wall Street moment so--'

"No."

He was going to ask for something stupid. I know it.

The rest of the ride to the international airport was mainly a comfortable silence. I retreated into my mind to think.

Not really important thoughts, just things like what I'm going to eat, wear, do, etc. Then the thoughts that leave you running in an endless circle because you never really know, things like what really happens after death, do mermaids really exist, and is there life on other planets.

"Ready?". Alec asked me after he pulled into a long-term parking space.

I nodded and we gathered all of our stuff and walked to the terminal, after the security check of course, where we waited before boarding the plane.

"What's your family like?" Alec asked me as we were waiting for the plane to take off.

A smile graced my lips as I thought about my relatives, I loved them. "They're amazing. Everyone is really close and mostly nice, except for my Aunt Rosa who's old, crabby, and single and my Aunt Blanca who thinks she's better than everyone else. But, they are really loud and borderline alcoholics. Like if we're all watching a big game or something you can literally hear us almost a block away."

"So basically the opposite of my family."

Well shit, now that I think about it, it kind of is the opposite.

"More or less. You're gonna love them though. Especially my brother, Vladimir, he can be an asshole at times but he's a cool guy."

You know when he's not keeping stuff from me.