XII. I'M ON THE LIST

"So please tell me why I have to leave the house in barely nothing?" I asked Tyra, staring at the gold romper that barely covered my ass. I have shirts that go further down my thighs than this.

"Because, I need to get over my ex and you need to get out of the house." She explained slipping on her high heels that made her already tall 5'11 frame even taller.

I honestly hate clubs, I never have good experiences in them, I don't know why I always accept people's offers to go. Strip clubs however, are a totally different story. You don't need to ask me twice to go to one.

"Did you know that I was an alcoholic? Five months sober and I don't want to jeopardize that." I told her, trying to make an excuse so I could stay home with Miguel and re watch Leonardo DiCaprio's best movies.

"Val, I'm not saying you aren't an alcoholic, after seeing the way you drank last night, I'm not doubting it. But I know you aren't anywhere close to reaching sobriety honey, so let's go." She demanded.

I muttered things under my breath about her as we left her apartment and walked into the elevator.

Hopefully I'll be blessed with a situation that will allow me to leave early on in the night.

"You know, I think I'll stay in, Aunt Flow is visiting." I explained, trying to step out of the elevator before it fully closed.

She grabbed my arm and yanked me back in, "Don't lie to me bìtch, get your ass back in here."

Maybe I'll just step into moving traffic when we're hailing a taxi. Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

When we we're trying to get a cab, I guess Tyra sensed that I was going to get myself seriously injured or killed because she held on tight to my arm to I couldn't go anywhere.

We got to the club and it was typical cliche movie style, a big asś bouncer and a long line of people.

The last time I'd seen a line this long was a couple Saturdays ago when a pair of Jordan's were releasing.

Yes the line was that long.

Tyra then did the ultra cliche thing to do, walked up to the bouncer and said she was on the list.

"Name?" He asked.

"Tyra Rowe." She stated.

He stood there for a second then let us through.

I better see the motherfùcking pope inside this club; I have no idea what all the hype is for.

Then I found out what all the hype was for.

"Holy shit, Tyra that's--"

"Yes honey, I know. The New York Knicks are in the club."

Its not the pope but I'll take what I can get.

The first order of action was taking a picture with them to show off to all my followers on instagram.

I'm that girl with the life everyone wants, or so I make it look like that.

Tyra apparently already knew them all so she introduced me.

I probably would've enjoyed myself if I wasn't in the stuffy, claustrophobic club.

I basically just chilled off in a secluded area, I'm not like a stick in the mud or anything, but today just wasn't the day to go clubbing.

Deciding that this wasn't the time to be sober, I headed to the bar and sat next to a man hunched over his drink, shielding his face.

"What will you have?" A bartender asked me.

"Uh a vodka tonic, thanks." I answered her.

She nodded and turned away to take another order.