XXXIV. A BILLION BUCKS

Valentina's dress. Honestly the back is what caught my attention.

"What about this one?" Max asked me holding up a hideous polka dot blazer.

We were in his closet, trying to find something for him to wear to the event coming up, to my surprise, all of his suits aren't black or grey. His closet was amazing, only if it was filled with women's clothing that were my size.

"God no, why do you even have that ugly thing?" I cringed at the article of clothing that my father wouldn't even wear. No offense to my dad, but his fashion sense wasn't the best.

"It's not that bad." He defended, hanging it back up.

Yes it is.

"So, who are going with?" I asked leafing through the suit section of his closet. Yes, his closet has sections.

"Well..." He drawled out, "Since you're so ashamed of me and don't want to be seen with me in public, I'm taking Vivian; you remember her right?"

How could I possibly forget her, the image of Max sucking on her toe was forever ingrained in my mind; also, she called me a bìtch, and a Mexican one at that.

"The foot girl who's name should be Anna Marie? Yeah I remember her." I saw a really flashy, black satin suit still in its protective covering. "What about this one?"

He looked over and shook his head, "I'm saving that one for when I'm named CEO of the company."

"I thought you said your brother Quincy was a shoo in."

"Yeah well, he's not because I want it now."

He probably had no idea how spoiled her sounded with that statement, but I'll overlook it today.

"Then good luck. Max why can you just wear a black suit?"

"Because then I'll look basic. Maximilian Elliott Codwell is not basic." He proclaimed.

With a name like Max, that already puts you in the basic category.

I rolled my eyes, "it's not basic, it's classic. Dress normal for once, please."

He frowned at my comment, "Are you trying to say I dress bad."

This man right here is probably the most feminine straight man out there. Honestly, I feel like he's the sister I never wanted when it comes to appearances. I'm not complaining though, I need someone to get my eyebrows down with and my co workers don't have eyebrows. One of them waxes them off and has a tattoo in place of them; they look super real if you aren't too close.

"No honey, you dress beautifully just wear black and get a haircut." I suggested.

His messy buns look better than mines now and they were barely buns; I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm completely jealous.

"You're just jealous of my luscious locks, because you're hair is straight and boring."

Sadly his scornful remarked was completely true; he had my dream hair texture. Don't get me wrong, my hair is amazing as hell but it's a frizzy bitch. I'd rather have to deal with frizzy waves because waves and curls are supposed to get frizzy.

I'm still beautiful and curling irons were invented for a reason so I don't really care anymore.

"That hurt Max. It really did, the only way you can make this up to me is if you wear a black suit and look basic for a night."

"Fine, but only if you come along and stop hiding from Alec."

***

"Hey Tristan, how does a stuffy high end event with the prettiest woman alive sound?" I asked as soon as he picked up.