XXXIII. THEY'RE CALLED CURLS

Just in case you forgot hot hot Tristan was. Beardless, but still beautiful.

Vladimir, my older brother, was calling me. This was weird because he never calls me unless it's to deliver bad news.

"Hello?" I answered, bracing myself for bad news.

"Hermanita! It's me, Vladimir, how are you?" He asked, his voice holding a tone that was too jovial to be normal.

This wasn't bad news, he was going to ask me a favor. They normally weren't very big, so it wasn't really a problem.

"Good, how are you?" I replied.

"I need you to do something for me. It's not really big, just a little something." He said getting right to it. He was never one to beat around the bush a whole lot.

"What is it?"

"Well papá wants to establish a new restaurant so we choose New York, we haven't come up with a bullshit name yet but we're working on it. Anyways, someone needs run the place so I volunteered."

I checked out of the conversation soon after he started talking so I had no idea what he just said.

"So what are you saying?" I inquired.

"I'm moving to New York! It'll be just like old times before you switched continents for that boy with the small penis."

He was not small, he was average.

"This time no fúcking my friends, you have a wife now." I said referring to the time I walked in on him and my close friend once.

It was probably the most awkward moment of my life, but I can't say that I was super surprised, my parents had two gorgeous kids; Vladimir was quite the player back in the day. I honestly did not expect his to settle down as quickly as he did.

He laughed on the other end, "You haven't gotten over that yet? Anyways I need you to find me a house."

I'll look for the house for him but it's not really my thing, I'm only living where I'm living because it was really nice but dirty cheap. So far, no American horror stories in my home.

"Uhh okay. Any requirements?"

"We want a family house, with a yard and shìt. At least four bedrooms because Georgina is pregnant again. I'd prefer something around seven hundred fifty but it's okay if you go a little over."

I feel like she's been pregnant for the last three years. The last time I've see her not pregnant was the wedding.

"Alright." I agreed.

"Oh, and I need it by the end of the month, hasta mañana." He said quickly before hanging up.

The end of the month was next week.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. The only day I wasn't busy was two days from now and I wanted to hang out with some of my co-workers.

I called the only real estate agent I knew because I just didn't feel like looking for a good one.

"I'm busy right now, what do you want?"

I rolled my eyes at the way he answered. It's almost 11, what is he still doing working.

"Need to find a house." I told him.

"I'm a broker, not an agent."

How slow does he think I am?

"They are basically the same damn thing, do you want to make money or not?" I snapped at him.

The other end went silent and I could tell he was thinking about it.