XI. I LOVE HIM AND HE LOVES ME

Alec's POV

Kids are interesting little creatures. You either love 'em or you hate 'em. I love them.

I was visiting my sister Clara since she recently gave birth to my niece, Tiara. Staring down at her now, all I can think is: I hope she starts looking better soon because right now, I'm looking at one ugly baby.

"She's so cute." I lied. I do not want to go down that road again. When her first child, Kaden, was born I commented on the little guys looks and she didn't speak to me for a month.

"I know! I think she looks like me!" She squealed excitedly sitting next to me on the couch and looking loving down at her daughter.

"She does." I agreed.

"I love babies but this is my last kid." She admitted.

"Charlotte wants six you know." I told her handing her baby back to her as it was beginning to cry.

"She's not pushing them out of her vagina so she can't tell me how many kids to have. I think she's hungry."

"That's my cue to leave." I said, getting up.

"Relax, I pumped. How is it in the love department?" She asked suggestively.

"Same as always, nonexistent."

I'm incapable of love. Well I think I am, I don't really know what it feels like to be loved, so I couldn't give it to another person.

"You just need to meet the right person, people change. When I met Brandon, he said that he wasn't going to ever settle down. Now we have two kids and an ugly van."

"Some people just aren't cut out for stuff like that Clara. I'm perfectly content with the way things are now."

Clara was definitely the closest person to me in our immediate family. Charlotte definitely hates me; my father would've  rather put me up for adoption, but I've grown on him tremendously in the last couple of years; and Sean was well, Sean.

"That girl you're toying with is going to catch feelings, Alec, and things are going to get messy." She warned.

"I'm a grown man, I can handle it."

She sighed, knowing she wasn't getting anywhere then spoke, "Ok, are you hungry?"

"I'm fine, I actually have to go."

"I'll see you out."

After I left Clara's I ended being called into a meeting with Sean, my father, and our rival company. I'm not even on the payroll, yet I'm constantly being called in for financial advice because the guy they have is complete shìt.

I walk into the conference room and immediately see Max. This is going to be a long two hours.

I wonder if Valentina listened to me when I told her to steer clear of Max. Probably not.

I sat there for two hours, praying for time to go by faster and only speaking when spoken to. These meetings are the most boring things I'm forced to sit through.

After the meeting concluded, I lingered for a moment out of respect to make small talk.

"Alec." My father called out to me.

"Yes?" I answered him.

"Will you be around for dinner tonight? You haven't come in weeks." He inquired

"Most likely not, I'm going to go visit my mother today. I'll try to make it next week though." I told him honestly.

His expression changed at the mention of her, he never liked talking about her. It was an uncomfortable subject for him.